Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2008, 08:48 AM

3 posts, read 4,401 times

Advertisements

Hello, I was looking at moving to austin, with in the next couple months, and I came across this ad on craigslist and the apartments seems pretty cool, does any one recognize them? If so can you please let me know the name of the complex and/or address, so I can see how far it would be away from where I might work. Here is the add. http://austin.craigslist.org/apa/961290166.html (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 09:19 AM

7,228 posts, read 16,094,093 times
Yes, I know those apartments! What the heck are they called? Metro something? They are east of I-35, and in between Riverside and Oltorf. They tend to be filled by UT students but not exclusively. Probably more UT grad students than UT undergrads. You are very very close to downtown from here.

I lived in an apartment complex about two minutes away from this one on Wickersham for seven years. And I still live very close to this area. Maybe five minutes away. I consider it to be fairly safe. (ie don't leave valuables in your car or flaunt your flat-panel TV and you'll be fine).

The entire complex was re-habbed about 10 years ago, stained concrete floors, funky paint, yard art.

I'm sorry I can't remember the name, I'm busy today but will drive right past them on Friday and get the complex name.

They'd be great if you were working downtown, at the Capitol, or UT.

Ha! Thank you google. I found them. Metropolis Apartments:
http://www.austinmet.com/

I saw a wide variety of reports on them at some apartment rating site. They are definitely different. More funky, not corporate or luxury-feeling. So folks seem to either love or hate them. (I tend to flee anything that is too slick, too pretty, too fancy, so I'd probably love them! You may be very different.)

Last edited by centralaustinite; 12-17-2008 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: more info

Old 12-17-2008, 09:47 AM

I would be working at the AT&T call center on, 4544 S Lamar.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:07 AM

7,228 posts, read 16,094,093 times
You'd have a quick commute. Just south on Parker to 71 and then take 71 west and you are very quickly at 290. Maybe 8 minutes or less. Not much traffic that way either. Or you could take Oltorf to I-35 access road south to 71 then 71 to 290. Again, not a heavily travelled route.

Look at apartments on s lamar too.

As I said, Metropolis is pretty funky, untypical. You will either love or hate them. But you aren't far from your work.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:21 AM

103 posts, read 503,217 times
It's called The Metropolis. I used to live in a complex right by that one. Pretty funky place...I'm sure it'd be great if you're an artsy-type person.
Other responder was right; UT students are plentiful.

Very south-austinish, if you know what I mean.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:01 AM

well, i think i would fit right in, as i now live in baton rouge, around all the lsu college students, im not in college but just alittle over college age at 25, and i love the artsy look and feel, i think it would be perfect. thank you for you help, i called the add on craigslist and they were like, we dont give out the addresses, i just wanted to mapquest the area, also do yall know about car theft, i have a nice car that is on the texas top stolen cars list, and i would really love for it not to get stolen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin