Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2007, 09:04 AM

6 posts, read 17,286 times

Advertisements

I am making a trip into the Austin area...to see how much I like it and if it's worth the move. My friend and I will be traveling first to SA to visit my mom around Easter, and then the following Weds/Thurs thorugh Saturday. We are both teachers (low budget hotel?) and are trying to figure out best/safest places in the city to stay and how to narrow down what we want to do since there seems to be so much to do? Any suggestions...where should we go first, where should we stay, what to avoid/not to do...this could be our make or break trip!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 05:47 PM

90 posts, read 472,070 times
Not sure of your interests, but a previous thread had a variety of things to do. Where to stay is a different question.
//www.city-data.com/forum/austi...ht=Attractions

Old 03-04-2007, 06:37 PM

1,207 posts, read 6,280,234 times
You should definitely to Priceline your hotel! We got a $200 night room at the Hyatt downtown for $70 and a $250 room at the Renaissance Arboretum for $80 last summer.

I'd say try to stay near downtown so that you can get a feel for the city and what it has to offer!

Old 03-06-2007, 10:28 PM

95 posts, read 337,539 times
when I came down for a week for that trip, I stayed at the Austin Motel, a cheesy charming institution on South Congress - got a little old room for $65 plus tax a night! Right in SoCo, across from Jo's Coffee and Amy's ice cream, easy to get to 6th street, then drive up and down Lamar - perfect homebase to check out different neighborhoods if you'll be considering living anywhere in town and not the suburbs. on a previous trip for a bit more a night, we stayed at the Hampton Inn downtown - surprisingly high end, surprisingly affordable. have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin