Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 06:58 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,724,336 times

Advertisements

Austin is the same endless urban sprawl of development, freeways, and malls, under skies of unrelenting heat and humidity, as the rest of Texas.

Get a grip.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:18 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txguy2009 View Post
The same LI where poors trample each other to death going to Wal Mart or whatever it was?

As if nothing bad ever happens in Texas

Old 01-04-2009, 07:33 PM

719 posts, read 2,666,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
Austin is the same endless urban sprawl of development, freeways, and malls, under skies of unrelenting heat and humidity, as the rest of Texas.

Get a grip.
Still not as sprawly as Seattle.
I love Seattle, but it has nothing on Texas weather-wise.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:12 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,058,660 times
Quote:

Get a grip.
I never found Austin to be that humid, but the last time I moved there I was coming from RI, in the summertime, so by comparison, Austin is dry.

And C'mon, TX is a HUGE state. I've driven through the thing and east is farm land, central hills, and west desert. That's like saying all of California is the same. Look at a map.

I think it's fine that the OP has such an enthusiastic view of the place. As he said, it is a given that anything subjective written on these boards is the poster's opinion so TXguy2009 clearly values most what Austin has to offer. Why are people so worked up about what he deems to be the best night life? Who cares? If he wrote that the average high temperature in July is 70 degrees, then you can jump all over him and point out he is wrong, because that is something that is not subjective.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:17 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,724,336 times
Quote:
as the rest of Texas
Edit: as the rest of Texas cities.

I lived more than 25 years in Texas including Austin, Houston, and Dallas. I think I have a pretty good idea of the kind of sweltering urban sprawl Texas is full of. Austin is not different than the rest.

Except the fire ants may be worse.....

Old 01-04-2009, 09:32 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
I didn't see anything artsy or musical about Austin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txguy2009 View Post
Ah...the brilliant Steve-O, that ever-present Chicago troll!

So tell me...how did you like your last visit to Austin? Which clubs did you go to, and who did you see?

At least you had the wisdom to go straight to NY and not even try to troll for Chicago on this on, because Chicago nightlife is <<<<<<< Austin in every respect.

As I said before - if you base it on clubbing, NY is better. But in terms of music/artsy stuff **which I prefer** Austin is the best, period. Even the east village doesn't compete for music.

In terms of environment, beauty of people, outdoors stuff, weather, pollution, NYC doesn't even compare.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:33 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
Austin is much more boring.

Quote:

Get a grip.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:10 AM

174 posts, read 501,732 times
I really don't get where these polls come from? Austin,Tx is the penal colony for all the know felons and criminals from California and Florida.That town has the biggest population of pot heads and cocaine users.the news and law enforcement do nothing about it and it gets worse there, that's why everyone drives so terrible because everyone is high on coke or weed.The people are also extremely paranoid as a result .Sometimes I wonder how people with criminal records still manage to get hired there?Poor people will damage your car just because you drive a nicer one then them. If you like drugs and want to literately emulate south park in there everyday life yeah the that's the place. Quite a few of the minorities are racially paranoid "if it's not racism in Austin then it's because of racism" mentality. If you say to someone there is a language barrier then your racist. Two faced fake people, scam artists Gee... sounds like California and Florida to me.Austin Was a great place to live in the early and late 90's a small city with all the advantages of a big one.Everyone talks about how they hate Houston or Dallas that's because there trying to be a big fish in a little pond (AUSTIN) as opposed to (Houston/Dallas) big pond little fish they can't stand out in huge city i'm sorry I guess your nobody in those cities boo whoo aww... The City of Austin Also has a fondness for putting the highest number of business in one area before they expand the road to support all the traffic thus all the congestion , that and the fact everyone drives into Austin from all the other surrounding towns still high on drugs.Austin is a small town with the population of a big city and no infrastructure to support it.There are also still plenty of dumb hillbilly rednecks even the dj on 93.7 klbj make fun of them and stoner's on the local radio station.Most of the population also follow the what's the least amount of work I can do and still go home slacker mentality. Another thing I don't have to drive 10-20 miles just to get to the next gas station either everything is spread out in a way that forces you to make a long drive.Austin Sucks and I have only hit the tip of the iceberg.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:20 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,515,744 times
Quote:

Get a grip.
Seattle is nothing but a rain 10 months out of the year straight and meth lab infested liberal crap hole that can't even keep an NBA team

Old 01-05-2009, 05:13 AM

5,865 posts, read 11,922,834 times
Personally, I'm really happy when people who don't live here bash Austin. If that's what they think of it, I'm really happy they are where they are and not here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin