Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 11:00 AM

6 posts, read 125,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastfrogs View Post
We've been in the process of looking for a pool builder. Recently I heard that Premier Fiberglass Pools has just gone out of business so they're off our list. On the flip side, I've heard very good things about Summit Pools in Round Rock. They guarantee your project will be completed in 29 days or less. We have been impressed with their professionalism.

Not true Fastfrogs, sounds like you are working for Summit or affiliated with someome from Summit. That's not nice...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 11:47 AM

63 posts, read 244,074 times
With that being said you would be ata around 40 days and im sure alot of pool builders will tell you 30 with a guarantee but from a building standpoint not always the best product. Concrete takes 28 days to fully cure so 15 is a modest number of days to wait. This in terms can be looked at on another front if i said i will build you a house in 3mos,which can be done,wouldnt you kinda question the structural side and quality side of the house? good luck with your pool[/quote]

It seems that you know a lot about the pool. What kind of pool would you recommend? I am thinking to buy a house without the pool and build the pool afterwards. However, with so much information, it's hard to decide........ Gunite pool vs. Liner pool? How about the surrounding area? Is it excluded from the pool installment price? Thanks!!

Old 03-21-2008, 04:55 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,615,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koalabebe View Post
With that being said you would be ata around 40 days and im sure alot of pool builders will tell you 30 with a guarantee but from a building standpoint not always the best product. Concrete takes 28 days to fully cure so 15 is a modest number of days to wait. This in terms can be looked at on another front if i said i will build you a house in 3mos,which can be done,wouldnt you kinda question the structural side and quality side of the house? good luck with your pool

Going w/ a liner pools you'll save much more on build time and also some PB's can get a liner pool installed and filled up in 30-45 days.

My pool setup w/ 1600sq ft of foundation in Gunite would of costed at least 60K. Size of my pool is
18x30 w/ 8' deep end
I got it for half that in Liner

I had Cody pools and Azul pools which are both gunite companies give me a quote; the both wanted easy 30K just for 15x20 kidney pool w/ 3' foundation around the pool w/ only 5.5' deep end. hahaa!! And this is just starting price as long as they don't hit any BIG ROCKS. I for one was lucky. No rocks got in the way. I got lucky.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:40 PM

2 posts, read 11,971 times
Default Just NOT Summit Pools in Round Rock/Hutto

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.h.badger View Post
Good pool contractors are few and far between. I just built a home in Kingsland and my client used Summit Pools (out of Round Rock, I think). These guys were the best I've seen, I think they have a 30 day time guarantee (that they'll finish the job in 30 days).

Good Luck!
We have had the WORST experience with Summit Pools! We have had issue after issue since the very beginning, about 1 1/2 years now, and worst of all, they do not honor their warranty or their word! We have had equipment problems, rebar protruding through the plaster several inches into the water and plaster problems beyond the scope of this post. We are currently in litigation. And you can forget the "swim in 29 days" or we will pay you $$$ (can't remember the amount) per day BS because our pool was supposed to be completed in June and it was after Labor Day before it was finished. They did not honor that advertisement or their word on this matter either. We never received a penny but we were so happy that they were finally finished, we just wanted them gone. Please heed this advice and just stay away from Summit Pools!

Old 04-11-2008, 02:42 PM

2 posts, read 11,971 times
Default Stay away from Summit Pools!!!

We have had the WORST experience with Summit Pools! We have had issue after issue since the very beginning, about 1 1/2 years now, and worst of all, they do not honor their warranty or their word! We have had equipment problems, rebar protruding through the plaster several inches into the water and plaster problems beyond the scope of this post. We are currently in litigation. And you can forget the "swim in 29 days" or we will pay you $$$ (can't remember the amount) per day BS because our pool was supposed to be completed in June and it was after Labor Day before it was finished. They did not honor that advertisement or their word on this matter either. We never received a penny but we were so happy that they were finally finished, we just wanted them gone. Please heed this advice and just stay away from Summit Pools!

Old 04-11-2008, 09:56 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,615,518 times
Well... I can tell you the PB that built our pool only lasted 1 year. I ran into the owner @ my local Home Depot and he had his head down as he tried to pass me. I said his name, he looked up and said hi.

I asked how was the Pool business; He said they are OUT!
I say they only lasted a little over a year. So, IMHO use someone that has been around for a long time. I think you would not go wrong w/ Cody Pools. I just found that when the "new boys" are in town, you get the best deal or bang for the buck. I just lucked out that none of my pool equipment or quality has no issues or problems. I guess i'm one of the lucky one's.

Good luck!

Old 09-26-2008, 12:46 PM

1 posts, read 5,698 times
DO NOT HIRE LIQUID ASSETS POOLS.
Shoddy construction, terrible service and very unprofessional people! Our pool did not pass inspection, has leaks and the tiles are falling off within 3 months of construction. We are suing the company for contractual violations.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:03 PM

6 posts, read 125,654 times
If your looking for a gunite or fiberglass, contact Ocean Quest Pools. They have been in business for 25 years (same ownership, which is a pretty big thing for this business) and have an outstanding reputation. My girlfriend Kimberly went to work for them last year, because of thier reputation. She wanted to work for someone who was going to take care of her customers. She's extremely happy so I know they are everything they say, or she wouldn't be there.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:42 PM

786 posts, read 2,761,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadhe View Post
If your looking for a gunite or fiberglass, contact Ocean Quest Pools. They have been in business for 25 years (same ownership, which is a pretty big thing for this business) and have an outstanding reputation. My girlfriend Kimberly went to work for them last year, because of thier reputation. She wanted to work for someone who was going to take care of her customers. She's extremely happy so I know they are everything they say, or she wouldn't be there.
I used them in the fall when I needed a pool inspection done. The service manager came out. He was very knowledgeable and was able to tell me about the pool even though they did not build it. Pointed out a few things he would have done differently, but otherwise complemented the build quality. I like the fact that he mentioned they do ongoing pool service, but was not in my face about it.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 5,370 times
Default Do not hire Summit Pools or Royal Pools

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.h.badger View Post
Good pool contractors are few and far between. I just built a home in Kingsland and my client used Summit Pools (out of Round Rock, I think). These guys were the best I've seen, I think they have a 30 day time guarantee (that they'll finish the job in 30 days).

Good Luck!

Changed name to Royal Pools --beware! Very big on Bait and Switch techniques!!! Full of BS unless of course it is the day the check is due then more BS and then disappears

Run from them --- Trust me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin