Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 09:47 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,685,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthecut View Post
You can always find someone if you look hard.....again, its hard in most cities to find decent men AND women available over 35 or so.....the ones left usually are the divorcees and cheaters, though you have to hope that some good career folks are still looking, unemcumbered by baggage.....I do know most people just come to accept that they will only find folks with kids/divorcees, etc........and that many will be screwed up in some way.....
Again, life makes it very easy to hook up with someone decent when we're young, and makes it progessively harder the older we get.......thats just life and reality........
but, like fighting physical age, you can buck the trends and reality to a certain extent......for a while.......

Well, he IS a divorcee and she is a Widow, so there ya go
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 11:54 AM
mwv

207 posts, read 673,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post

Keep in mind that a typical 40 year old here might look, dress and act like a 25-30 year old.. especially the ones that are always exercising... not always a bad thing!
Most women my age (40) are intimidated or uninterested in me because I look like I'm 28...

Not that I'm complaining, because women in their early and mid 20s like me

I simply cannot relate at a sentimental level with most 40 year old women; they remind me of my mom.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:50 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,685,553 times
My husband was very nearly 40 when we got married, but then again, I was 30. I think 40 yr. olds nowadays seem a whole lot younger than they did when our parents were that age. I heard some guys on a talk radio show one morning mentioning that also.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:22 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,312,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwv View Post
Most women my age (40) are intimidated or uninterested in me because I look like I'm 28...

I simply cannot relate at a sentimental level with most 40 year old women; they remind me of my mom.
...maybe you remind them of their son?

Old 02-25-2009, 02:46 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,230,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
My husband was very nearly 40 when we got married, but then again, I was 30. I think 40 yr. olds nowadays seem a whole lot younger than they did when our parents were that age. I heard some guys on a talk radio show one morning mentioning that also.
Totally, when my dad was my age he was OOOOOLD! Like, grandpa old!

They say 40 is the new 20. And 10 years ago, 30 was the new 20! I like that the older I get... the younger I get! Maybe in 10 years 50 will be the new 20.

Personally, I wouldn't go back to being 20 if you paid me a LOT of money.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:51 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,230,171 times
Quote:

A friend of mine dated a 23 year old when he was (I think) 36. She was mature for her age and all that. They ended up breaking up because she didn't get his cultural references, heh.

I can't IMAGINE dating someone in his 20s! I didn't do it when I WAS in my 20s! Maybe it's different for men dating women because women mature faster?

Old 02-25-2009, 11:01 PM

5 posts, read 11,543 times
I like the Long Branch on east 11th.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:44 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,380,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
...maybe you remind them of their son?
That's pretty much what I was thinking!

I thought I belonged to the generation that never wanted to grow up!

Old 02-26-2009, 11:40 AM

2,522 posts, read 6,034,816 times
Quote:

I agree..I see people my age that look 15 years older, and I get that same gulf of feeling......I also would imagine you are probably without kids, which increases that gulf of understanding as well........you simply have more in common with 20 somethings.....looking younger doesn't hurt either.....I would enjoy it as long as it lasts, because sooner or later you WILL age and move into that older lady situation....one of the greatest gifts is looking younger, but most people waste it, thinking it will last forever.......sorry, you guys hit that age wall too, just takes a little longer for the younger looking folks...again, enjoy every day of it while it lasts, because it doesn't....

Old 02-26-2009, 05:48 PM

18 posts, read 59,412 times
I have been reading and wondering about which cities are better for bicultural (Hispanic-American) singles in their 30s...Austin, Houston, Dallas, or San Antonio?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: