Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 05:01 PM

66 posts, read 377,309 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about Dalewood Townhomes located in NW Austin (south of Hwy.620)? What is this area like and is it close to shopping, downtown, etc.? Is this area safe? Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 05:41 PM

1,207 posts, read 6,279,897 times
Hi again Jackie,

I mapped that location and it is pretty much at the 620 and 183. Kind of in my neck of the woods. In terms of access to shopping - you can't get better than the location. Lakeline Mall is 5 minutes away, there is a Lowe's, Super Target, WalMart, Pier 1, tons of restaurants all within 5 minutes....the list goes on. you can hop on the 45 toll road and be at all the shopping in RR in less than 10 or 15 minutes as well. You are about 10 minutes from the Arboretum shopping also.

It's a ways out from downtown - about 25 minutes without traffic.Austin Traveler could probably comment on safety of that area- I know she lived in an apartment up in that general vicinity. I think it's pretty safe. I'm guessing from the map that this particular townhome community is an older development and is right near a lot of the older retail off the 183 (there's an older shopping mall with an Alamo Drafthouse, Burlington Coat Factory, etc. that isn't sparkly clean and new but I've shopped there and never felt unsafe).

Next time I'm over there I'll try to remember to bring my camera and snap some pix for you.

HTH!

Old 03-19-2007, 06:27 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,333,088 times
Hi jackie,

Gigi is right that we lived close to that area when we first moved to Austin. We were a little further south though at Riata. I definitely never felt unsafe in this area and it is very convenient to shopping, etc. We did buy a house much closer to downtown though cause we wanted the urban lifestyle, but we enjoyed our time in the apartment.

If I happen to get up that way in the next day or so, I'll check these places out for you.

AT

Old 03-19-2007, 10:26 PM

Gigi & Austin Traveler- Can't thank you enough for the information! It really helps! Gigi, I think you are right, the townhomes do seem a bit on the older side from the photos I saw. I just like the idea of a garage and private yard for our puppy! I'll keep it on my list and any photos you send me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again

Old 03-20-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Photos of DaleWood Townhomes

Hi Jackie,

I was up at the mall today and I found your Dalewood Townhomes and took some photos of it and the surrounding areas. The townhomes are really cute! it is a very small complex; tucked away into a neighborhood off the 183 that is mostly small residential homes. In fact, I almost passed it because I wasn't sure it was big enough to be the right place. It feels like you live in a neighborhood, not a complex.The street right behind it has tons of beautiful trees. I thought the area looked very well maintained and very safe. Access to the 183 and shopping is as close as I had estimated in my earlier post.

There was another complex just down the street, a more traditional big apartment complex called International Residence Apartments- you may want to check them out too...hope this helps!

here's one of the townhomes:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/gigi927/shots007.jpg (broken link)

one of the houses across the street:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/gigi927/shots006.jpg (broken link)

another view of the townhomes:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/gigi927/shots004.jpg (broken link)

wide shot of complex:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/gigi927/shots002.jpg (broken link)

another shot:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/gigi927/shots003.jpg (broken link)

Alamo Drafthouse is literally within walking distance. Way cool! Also Burlington Coat Factory and Stein Mart.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/gigi927/shots009.jpg (broken link)

this is a shot of the plaza area around Lakeline Mall (5 minutes away). Tons of big box retailers including Office Max, Petsmart, TJ Maxx, Old Navy, Linens and Things, Ross, Best Buy and more. The road you see soaring into the sky is the 183 toll road.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/gigi927/shots018.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-20-2007, 02:04 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,333,088 times
Wow gigi, that was incredibly nice of you! Those townhomes look like an awesome place to live. Wish I would have found those when we first moved here.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:16 PM

15,269 posts, read 35,633,631 times
Yeah, and now I know what is showing at the Draft House :-). Did you catch the times, gigi?

Old 03-20-2007, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
Yeah, and now I know what is showing at the Draft House :-). Did you catch the times, gigi?
I didn't...what a slacker I am!

Old 03-20-2007, 03:40 PM

181 posts, read 493,616 times
What great photos! City-data is a really great place to get information, and people here are so nice and helpful!

Gigi, I am going to have to give you some rep points!

Old 03-20-2007, 11:12 PM

Gigi: you're awesome! Thank you so much for taking those photos! You really went above and beyond - Hope I can return the favor sometime! The townhomes look really nice and in a cute neighborhood!

Jackie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: