Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 4,426 times

Advertisements

My fiance has 4 felonies, and I am a gun owner with a concealed handgun permit. When we get married and move in together will I have to give up all my guns to be within the law? If I take her hunting with me and she does not posses a gun will we still be breaking the law? If she drives my truck to work and I forgot a few shotgun shells in the back, will she be arrested if pulled over?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 09:39 PM

264 posts, read 1,001,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrusC View Post
My fiance has 4 felonies....
If she gets arrested for chewing gum the wrong way, I wouldn't shed a tear. With 4 felonies, she shouldn't be allowed to even spell the word gun.

This is Texas and we believe in our gun rights, but all that goes out the window when you become a convicted felon. You're either trying to stir the pot by posting something stupid, or you really are stupid for posting that your fiance has 4 felonies. Either way, you should both probably be locked up.....her for having 4 felonies and you for dating her. LOL!!!

Old 03-12-2009, 03:14 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,693,254 times
I agree with AT.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:19 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
OMG! AT, you and I both finally agree on something! I'm still laughing like h*** over your response to the OP!

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 03-12-2009 at 03:45 PM..

Old 03-12-2009, 03:25 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,317,959 times
There aren't enough smart, attractive women who DONT have 4 felonies for you to date??? Gosh.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:31 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,604,491 times
CyrusC, I don't know the answer to your question, but your story has gotten me curious.....just exactly how ugly are you to have seriously consider such a fiancee? 4 felonies? Is this a jailhouse romance? Her name isn't Bubba, by chance, is it?

In case you inherited your carry permit somehow and really are looking for an answer, a quick call to the licensing agency should result in all the answers you need.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:41 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,093,497 times
What I want to know is...where do you draw the line? 5 felonies? 6? Sheesh!

Old 03-13-2009, 08:08 AM

98 posts, read 220,546 times
Wow, you people are just cruel! LMAO..OK, I almost got that statement out without laughing...

Well, for starters, I would find another fish in the sea...but if the river of Love runs that deep with you guys, then call your local sheriff's office, they'll be able to give you the answers you seek...

Old 03-13-2009, 08:35 AM

593 posts, read 1,378,235 times
Cyrus,

No you don't have to give up your guns. She's the felon not you. If she likes to hunt, then you should get her a compound bow. As far as travelling with ammo in the car that's not a big deal because anyone can purchase ammo. She just can't be in possession of a firearm.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 3,918 times
let me say this all felons are not screw ups I have 4 felonies because I came out of a store at 18 and caught a 19 years old punk beating up a 11 year old kid. He and 3 guys did not like it I disrupted the fun. They attacked me and because I hurt them (and knew karate) I now have 4 felonies. So why should I not be allowed to own a firearm?!?! Maybe she had a similiar railroad job like I did 18 years ago. Now that has caused problems to no ends because I did something I knew was right (and would do the same thing again if situation arose) and idiot people like yourself think all felons are bad people. I bet my left arm each of you have done something that could be construed as a felony. Ever sped over 10 miles an hour? That can be a felony in texas. Ever let your car insurance laps? Felony! Million things that happen every day are felonies in texas. Ever let a kid under 7 take a bath alone? Another felony so use your head before you speak or you look like the idiot! That being said try thinking bout the next persons feeling when your cutting them down cause everyone is not as perfect as you are (or at least as you think you are) Now to the post it IS illegal for a single bullet to be in her possession. So dont leave it in the car. She can have a firearm on her place of residance (and use it) as long as 5 years have elapsed since her discharge for parloe probation or prison but she has to be off paper for 5 years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin