Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 11:23 AM

1,961 posts, read 6,122,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly-mich View Post
I currently live in Michigan and will be relocating to Texas, was thinking Houston...nothing is in stone, but I have 3 children so community and schools are important to my husband and I, any suggestions for reasonable living price wise as well?
It would be helpful to know more details as to what you are looking for. Do you have a budget in mind? Do you have a job lined up, so we can point you in the right area.

In general, there are a lot of family friendly neighborhoods around the Austin area with good schools but that is too vague to provide any good information for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 11:31 AM

372 posts, read 1,148,667 times
Quote:
I currently live in Michigan and will be relocating to Texas, was thinking Houston...nothing is in stone, but I have 3 children so community and schools are important to my husband and I, any suggestions for reasonable living price wise as well?
Are you asking about Austin or Houston? If you are asking about Austin, there are lots of areas around Austin and the surrounding towns that have great schools, great neighborhoods, and what I would consider reasonable price wise. What do you consider reasonable price wise? Are you familiar with the Austin area? Do you have jobs lined up or prospects for jobs? If so, what area of town will you be working. That would probably be the best place to start looking for a home.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:03 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,778,254 times
Quote:
Post a new thread in the city section that you're interested in & provide the additional info that others have suggested.

Let this thread go back to dormant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin