Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2007, 08:14 AM

61 posts, read 324,939 times

Advertisements

We are coming to town, finally, this Sunday and I will be touring schools for my daughter. We need a great neighborhood, 250-300K, closer to RR 35N. Any thoughts on Crystal Falls, Steiner, Buttercup, River Place, Mayfield Ranch (I do not see a lot of info on this neighborhood) etc... We are in exemplary schools here in TN and that is very important to me. Also any information on areas of those subdivisions that may be less desireable would be appreciated! We love Golf, swimming, biking, hiking and soccer. We will also need some great churches in the area. Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Last edited by fitguru; 03-28-2007 at 08:18 AM.. Reason: forgot a neighborhood!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2007, 12:16 PM

1,207 posts, read 6,280,234 times
Mayfield Ranch will be closest to I35. It's a nice community off the 1431 (north side). Crystal Falls would not be a bad drive to I-35 given that you would be mostly on toll roads, but I am not sure what they have in terms of swimming and the other activities you are looking for - I do know they have golf; not sure what the pricing is there.

Steiner would be your longest drive to I-35 of all the places you mention. I would plan on 35-45 minutes without traffic.

River Place and Steiner both have exemplary schools. I am not familiar with Mayfield Ranch's schools (I believe they are RRIS, though, so probably pretty good). Crystal Falls is in the Leander ISD also.

Buttercup Creek is a nice location also. A bit closer in for you than Crystal Falls and good access to shopping.

I'd say all communities are really nice; it should probably boil down to commute for you. Given the other options you are looking at and your needing access to I-35, I would rule out Steiner and focus on the other communities. Steiner has golf, but it is a private club and while I haven't confirmed this (I need to!) it appears to me to be very exclusive.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:18 PM

1,207 posts, read 6,280,234 times
Default golf in steiner is pricey

I had a moment to contact the UT Golf Club at Steiner Ranch for pricing info...their golf membership is a $30K refundable one time initiation fee and then monthly fees are $295. This includes unlimited dining, social, fitness and golf except for cart fees, which are $16.

The social membership is $3K + $60 a month dues; gets you no golf, just dining and social and fitnesss privileges.

It's pretty much 3x the price of River Place memberships. HTH someone out there.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:56 PM

61 posts, read 324,939 times
Dear Gigi, thanks so much for the info. It really is helpful. Wow, 30K (ouch) that is a bit to pricey for me!!!!! I figured as much, plus we do not want to deal with the commute! Keep up all the great help for those of us looking to become Austinites or, in our case, just wanting to come home! If anybody out there has any more info on the golf courses in Crystal Falls or anywhere else up there I would appreciate knowing it beforehand. It can sometimes be like pulling teeth to get the info if you are not there and do not want to commit an entire day to that particular club!

Last edited by fitguru; 03-29-2007 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: spacing!

Old 03-29-2007, 10:05 PM

110 posts, read 590,748 times
we're going to live in Crystal Falls coming up next Friday..... my husband picked out the neighborhood as I didn't have time to fly down there -- but I trust his judgement. 3 pools, golf and a children's fishing pond. You can find more info at crystalfalls.net We bought through Perry Homes and of all the builders in there, they seemed to be the most reasonable-- the other builders were more $$. Anyhow, I can post more on my thoughts as soon as we get down there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: