Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 05:16 PM

39 posts, read 218,013 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of moving to TX for our retirement. I'm a native Texan with family still living in both Dallas and East Texas, but I've lived in FL for many years and my husband's been here for even longer. We both are ready for a change; and Texas is very appealing to us, especially the terrain of the Hill Country.

We visited Sun City, TX, a couple years ago. While we liked the community itself, we felt that the facilities (especially the fitness club) were very crowded. It is our understanding that a second clubhouse (with fitness center, we hope) and golf course have opened recently (grand opening this coming weekend, I think).

Does anyone living there or very familiar with Sun City, TX, know if the new facilities have eased the overcrowded feeling of the fitness center and golf course?

Another question we have is about the ease of finding physicians in Georgetown, or possibly Round Rock, who accept new patients. We have looked at several retirement communities here in FL, and it is very difficult to find a physician in some areas. Anyone have any comments on this?

Your comments will be appreciated. Thanks much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 07:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,107,183 times
You might try posting in the Texas forum under Austin.

The community is called Sun City but it's in Georgetown, Texas. Sun City isn't its own city per say.
There are several realtors that frequent the Austin forum that can help you plus all the regular posters.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:04 AM

I debated about starting this thread in the Austin category but settled on this one. I think you're right, and that Austin would be the best place for my questions.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:25 AM

8 posts, read 52,015 times
I also live in another state and am interested in comments from those who live in the Sun City/Georgetown area! I visited there and got the impression that the area might be crowded and busy...don't want to move to another madhouse!!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:52 AM

15,232 posts, read 35,410,327 times
Susan, you might try searching the thread for other posts regarding Sun City....I am not sure it will answer your questions or not, but it might help.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
Susan, you might try searching the thread for other posts regarding Sun City....I am not sure it will answer your questions or not, but it might help.
Thanks for your response. I think I've read all of those, or at least most; and while there are many threads here re Sun City, I didn't see any comments about the facilities being overcrowded or the availability of doctors. Maybe I should look at the lack of responses as good news for each of my questions.

Thanks again.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:20 PM

15,232 posts, read 35,410,327 times
Or maybe the retirees in Sun City don't surf City Data 'cause they are all using the facilities at the same time . Just kidding (mostly, anyway) but you can only get meaningful responses from people with some kind of first hand experience, and there probably just aren't that many on here .

Old 04-10-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
Or maybe the retirees in Sun City don't surf City Data 'cause they are all using the facilities at the same time . Just kidding (mostly, anyway) but you can only get meaningful responses from people with some kind of first hand experience, and there probably just aren't that many on here .
Your comment is probably much more accurate than my taking the lack of responses as good news! Maybe eventually a few Sun City residents (or even just one) will respond ...

Old 04-11-2009, 06:18 PM

16,787 posts, read 48,814,423 times
Here are a few Sun City Texas forums that seem active. They might be better able to respond to your questions.

SCTXHortticulture_Group : SCTX Horticulture Club

NaySix_SCTx : SCTx N6

Old 04-13-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Here are a few Sun City Texas forums that seem active. They might be better able to respond to your questions.

SCTXHortticulture_Group : SCTX Horticulture Club

NaySix_SCTx : SCTx N6
Thank you for the suggestion. I went to the website, but I didn't try to register yet. I notice that it's for Sun City Neighborhood 6 residents only; however, it also says all requests for membership must be approved by the Moderator. I may try to register as a "prospective resident" and see what happens. If I'm turned down, I'm no worse off.

Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin