Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 07:17 PM

111 posts, read 294,809 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone.

I am pretty new to the area, and I wanted to go out tomorrow with my daughter and feed some ducks. Is there a good spot during this time of the year? If any at all? I have not really seen any ponds, and I dont really want to go wading through any marches, but if there is a place around the Austin/Round Rock area that I can just relax, and feed some ducks with my daughter, it would be great.

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 07:21 PM

1,035 posts, read 4,464,669 times
This is a great place to have a picnic, hang-out and especially feed ducks:

San Gabriel Park | Parks & Recreation

I like that its grassy right up to the edge of the water and you can sit on a little concrete ledge if you want.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:37 PM

21 posts, read 98,825 times
There is a little pond up by the Arboretum, right off of 360. My kids always enjoy it.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:37 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,312,752 times
Lou Neff Point at Town Lake is where we go. Ducks and even swans!

Old 04-18-2009, 09:25 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,685,553 times
San Gabriel Park is good. So is Old Settlers in Round Rock. It's behind Dell Diamond on 79. It's got a very large Duck/fishing pond or, if you like, a teensy little lake

Old 04-19-2009, 05:27 AM

2,392 posts, read 9,648,843 times
Twin Lakes YMCA has a couple of ponds that are actually city owned but upkept by the YMCA but they have some ducks that love folks even get invovled in the soccer games there!

Old 04-19-2009, 06:34 AM

7,742 posts, read 15,120,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latsabb View Post
Hello everyone.

I am pretty new to the area, and I wanted to go out tomorrow with my daughter and feed some ducks. Is there a good spot during this time of the year? If any at all? I have not really seen any ponds, and I dont really want to go wading through any marches, but if there is a place around the Austin/Round Rock area that I can just relax, and feed some ducks with my daughter, it would be great.

Thanks for your help!
what part of town do you live in? The arboretum one that is mentioned below has really easy access as it is part of the overall arboretum complex. You can go for amys ice cream afterwards

Old 04-19-2009, 10:40 AM

111 posts, read 294,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post
what part of town do you live in? The arboretum one that is mentioned below has really easy access as it is part of the overall arboretum complex. You can go for amys ice cream afterwards
I live pretty much right on the border of North Austin and Round Rock, right at the Travis/Williamson border. I would say it is actually in Round Rock, as it is right there by the 45/35 intersection, but my mailing address is fort Austin.

Anyway, I think I will check out the Georgetown one today, just for an exuse to drive up to Georgetown, which I have never been to. Maybe later in the week I will hit up some of the others.

Thank you all for the advice!

Old 04-19-2009, 12:18 PM

269 posts, read 913,511 times
If you are ever looking for a nice day trip go to Landa Park in New Braunfels, ducks, geese, paddle boats, a little train for the kids ... a small swimming area as well as a pool later in the year ... and absolutely gorgeous

Old 04-19-2009, 12:41 PM

384 posts, read 1,580,662 times
Quote:
Lou Neff Point at Town Lake is where we go. Ducks and even swans!
That's a beautiful area. There's some sort of small black ducks in great number there that I see people feeding.

Quote:
If you are ever looking for a nice day trip go to Landa Park in New Braunfels
I second that motion, too. That's one of my favorite places in Texas.
The last time I was there, there was even a rooster running around, in addition to the vast assortment of waterfowl. People are so friendly there, too.

The area around the River Pub & Grill in San Marcos is another place where I see people feeding ducks when it's not too crowded with people tubing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin