Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2009, 05:01 PM

4 posts, read 7,567 times

Advertisements

Parents home for 52 years. located on the green belt of Shoal Creek/ Jefferson and Petes Path. It is two lots on corner. I grew up in this great neighborhood and my folks are the few left that developed this area back in the fifties.......The over all feel of the neighborhood is still what I grew up in. A few houses that have sold have developed into multi units. Being this is a great location and the interest in the neighbors is for it to sell to a family to keep the feel of the comminity I understand their thoughts. I am coming from the view that this is my folks 52 year investment and as they move into their final journey in life the sell of this property will be their means of income for the rest of their life. I am not interested in signing a contract. A property in the neighborhood for a neighbor who just passed away was listed and sold in one day. I know it will sell. It is finding the right buyer at the right price. The value is location and size of lot. My question is how can I get the attention of developers looking for property in this area. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Best,
Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 05:05 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,816,702 times
Have you not noticed other builder signs in the neighborhood? They're the first ones to call, besides a Realtor.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:02 PM

648 posts, read 1,965,125 times
How much more do you think a multi unit developer would pay for the lot? Definitely a shame for multi-family units to be built. It will eventually drive down property values. The value of that neighborhood is the family nature. Families don't buy into multi-family units. The neighborhood would probably collectively drive up their value if they put restrictions on their lots in aggregate.

Last edited by Exiled Texan; 06-06-2009 at 07:05 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 06-07-2009, 09:27 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
first you might contact your city zoning to see how difficult a move that is going to be--
this will involved petition for re-zoning---how likely is it that the neighborhood will allow that to happen
YOUR agenda or your parents may not be the most important factor ...
a developer won't be interested if it would mean paying you an arm and a leg and then losing the redistricting petition...

Old 06-09-2009, 10:24 AM

4 posts, read 7,567 times
I appreciate that. My AGENDA is my folks. Reality is Austin in Central Austin is no longer what it was........I would love to see this neighborhood be what it was. It was a wonderful place to grow up in. What is happening is original owners that are at the age of my folks are have died homes are being sold, torn down and over sized homes for the lot and multi units are being built. It is what it is..............

Old 06-09-2009, 10:32 AM

3,202 posts, read 6,021,687 times
Sell to the highest bidder.. Your obligation is to your folks. The property will eventually pass through enough hands and turn into a zoned multi-drunk occupancy anyways.

Good luck

Old 06-09-2009, 10:08 PM

648 posts, read 1,965,125 times
I don't think you should assume that a multi-unit developer will be your best offer. People pay good money for a big lot that they can build a big house close in the city. Also, a lot of these speck builders are dancing close to bankruptcy. Duplexes of yesterday are not selling like they used to. I wonder if most of the construction you are talking about is pre-Lehman Bankruptcy and pre-McMansion ordinance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: