Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 04:53 PM

14 posts, read 48,639 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, my coworkers and I are doing 'girls night out' tomorrow night in Austin. But the planners let us down and although we have a hotel room (we're coming down from Killeen), we have no plan as to where to eat, what to do, etc.

Anyone got any great recommendations for a group of crazy ladies (mid twenties to forties) who are total girly-girls and love nothing more than a perfect margarita? I hate to say it but I'm not all that familiar with Austin other than the big highlights. Thanks everyone!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 06:52 PM

134 posts, read 491,361 times
Go to the Oasis for drinks and to watch the sunset for sure. Spectacular!

Old 05-01-2009, 07:12 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,335,671 times
Oasis would be great but if you're staying downtown I would assume you want to stay there. If you're not staying downtown, please let us know. Anyway, you might check out Saba Blue Water Cafe, especially for Happy Hour. Yummy small shareable plates and great cocktails. It's in the Warehouse District on Fourth Street (west of Congress). It's definitely my favorite and I think it would be perfect for your group.

If you want sushi, check out Maiko on Sixth.

Manuel's on Congress is good too, especially during Happy Hour. The wine bar next door is great too. Other good places for margaritas and snacks are Z-Texas (on West Sixth) and Chuy's (on Barton Springs Road).

Like I said, tell us where you're staying!!

Old 05-01-2009, 08:45 PM

75 posts, read 467,578 times
Check out Cedar Street Courtyard on 4th street for a live band and nice outside courtyard to watch the band or dance. All age groups and a neat place to be outside on a warm night!

Old 05-01-2009, 11:36 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,885,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMYL0452 View Post
Check out Cedar Street Courtyard on 4th street for a live band and nice outside courtyard to watch the band or dance. All age groups and a neat place to be outside on a warm night!
Also check out the courtyard at the Belmont, off 6th and Lavaca. Good happy hour specials. Generally, you'll find more all-ages places west of Congress, in the warehouse district. East 6th street can get crazy.

You might check out the flagship Whole Foods at 6th and Lamar, too.

South Congress will have nice outdoor places for food and music and just strolling around or people watching. Check for live music at Guero's, or Jo's.

IF you've never been before, I agree with the previous suggestion of the Oasis. The view is incredible. The trick to the Oasis is to skip the restaurant part and just go to the Starlight Cafe area, where the bands play (I think it's live music every Fri-Sat-Sun, but check their site). Just enjoy drinks, the view, and music.

Finally, there are loads of events this weekend, if you are coming early or will be staying some.. check the listing here and maybe pick one (Woofstock? Old Pecan Street Festival? Cinco De Mayo?)

Old 05-02-2009, 12:31 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,335,671 times
Just remembered that tomorrow is the Pecan Street Festival (Pecan Street is Sixth Street). If you're here around 5:00, be sure and catch Suzanna Shoffel. She is really great and will be on the main stage.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:35 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,083,166 times
Today is Pecan Street Festival! That means its gonna rain, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin