Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2009, 11:15 PM

10 posts, read 33,231 times

Advertisements

I am looking for Austin-specific Mom's night out ideas for my mom's group. We like to plan our nights out for a weekday night, but otherwise we are flexible. Cool restaurant ideas are great, but I would really appreciate other ideas as well. Thanks from someone who is creatively challenged!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 07:05 AM

1,774 posts, read 3,794,052 times
I was impressed with Vivo restaurant on Manor Road, just east of campus.
welcome to vivo
Beautiful patio and interior, great lime margaritas, and women receive a long-stemmed rose afterwards.
Depends on what you want, but maybe start your time together with a yoga class or end it with arrangements for a creative pursuit at someplace like Clay Ways. Or make late afternoon appointments for manicures/pedicures at Halina's Day Spa on Burnet Road before you go out to dinner. Hot wax treatments for your hands and feet are soothing after busy mom days.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:15 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Have a bowling night. I've done that with friends. None of us can bowl very well but we had a great time hanging out, seeing who could get the most "gutter balls" and not caring about the bowling so much as having a good time.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:58 AM

389 posts, read 1,571,516 times
They had a HUGE mom's night out one tuesday a few weeks back (adult night) at Playland Roller Rink.. They were all dressed up eighties retro, flashdance, leggings, wigs etc, it was hilarious and they appeared to have a blast. Texas Rollergirls actually have their own Moms group and host daycare while they practice.. too cool.
They carried on after leaving I am sure..

Old 05-22-2009, 08:25 AM

10 posts, read 33,231 times
Thanks so much for the suggestions! I love them all, especially the roller rink. It brings back memories of my youth, when the roller rink was THE place to be. Any more suggestions? 3 nights down.....9 more to plan! Thanks!

Old 05-22-2009, 09:26 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,633,631 times
My wife and her group of friends (some moms, some not) bought a block of four season tickets to the Bass Concert Hall season musicals. You can get tix for thurs - Sun., I think, and I think there are six shows during the season. They all can't go to every one, but they can usually find someone who wants the extra ticket. This is the second year they have done this (dinner and Bass) and they love it.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:06 AM

73 posts, read 302,765 times
A movie at the Alamo Drafthouse, a Bat Cruise, Fondue at Viva Chocolato, Pottery Painting, a Comedy Club (Cap City is only $5.50 on Tuesdays!), Cuba Libre Martini & Manicure Night...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin