Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2007, 06:01 PM

2,392 posts, read 9,615,802 times

Advertisements

mentioned when people ask about good districts? IS something going on up there? We are thinking about moving into that ISD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 06:29 PM

110 posts, read 589,148 times
I've seen it listed as a great district--- I see it up there with RR ISD and Eanes. It had better be good since we bought our house based on the school district
My kiddos just started school this week here and we come from the private system so this is a huge change for us-- but so far, so good. My little guy's teacher even called me this afternoon to tell me how he's been doing
Have you been on the Texas school website to see how the schools are rated? That's how I ended up choosing Leander.
Best of luck to you!!

Old 04-11-2007, 07:16 PM

Thanks for responding. I am in San Antonio right now and have spent plenty of time talking to the folks at LISD and RRISD since we also are coming from private school and in talking to them I felt Leander ISD seemed to meet the needs we have somewhat better at this point. Just wondering why it did not get mentioned as much.

Old 04-11-2007, 07:32 PM

1,207 posts, read 6,259,678 times
I think overall RRISD has more individual schools rated exemplary at this time than does Leander, so they definitely get the most attention, and deservedly so.

One other factor, IMO is that Leander is an enormous school district and when you're that big and still growing to meet the increased demands of the population, you're going to have pockets or areas that may not perform as highly as other areas within the district, which then can bring the district's performance as a whole down v. other districts.

Which Leander schools will your kids be going to, Neddy? I am sure they will do just great; I know there are a few of us here with kids in LISD and I think I can speak for them in saying we have all been very pleased. I truly think in a matter of a few years people won't hesitate to mention Leander in the same breath as Eanes, Lake Travis, DS and RR.

Old 04-11-2007, 07:48 PM

We are not sure yet which schools we are going to be attending but its looks as though the house maybe in actual Leander city area (Benbrook ranch) or down in the Lakeline area but we meet with the realtor next week to find something to rent for a year or so till we know where we really want to be. One son has some issues (dyslexia,dispraxia, and also disgraphia and we found out this week that he has adha all three subsets of the dang thing) I spoke with Jennifer in the dyslexia part or LISD and the kids get pulled every day for a special class vs RRISD they only pulled them once every week....its a hard thing to decide though I know once into 4th grade though we will get him into Odssey School if he needs it.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:15 AM

15,234 posts, read 35,417,009 times
Leander is quite a bit further out there and there are fewer people asking about it, but I think it is pretty highly rated/regarded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin