Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 10:25 AM

45 posts, read 198,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesonofgray View Post
You really can't tell how management is going to be until you sign the next year of your life away to them.
That's one reason that I went with the shortest lease (9 months) that didn't come with a penalty.

Of course, if rent goes up on renewal, you've blown three months. If rent goes down, you're golden. That's if you stay.

My ideal would be something like Canyon Springs or Caprock Canyon closer to downtown -- but I know I'd pay a fortune for something like Gables at Town Lake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 10:54 AM

25 posts, read 114,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llkltk View Post
I lived there many years ago when I first moved to Austin. In one word, boring! Also, there is not much around it. I think the other areas the OP is looking at are better choices.
I'm curious to know how you define a 'fun' apartment complex. I would define it as one with friendly people and considerate neighbors. I don't think all-night keggers next door would be very fun for me

Old 06-10-2009, 11:28 AM

629 posts, read 1,653,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SASgeek View Post
That's one reason that I went with the shortest lease (9 months) that didn't come with a penalty.

Of course, if rent goes up on renewal, you've blown three months. If rent goes down, you're golden. That's if you stay.

My ideal would be something like Canyon Springs or Caprock Canyon closer to downtown -- but I know I'd pay a fortune for something like Gables at Town Lake.
Oh, yeah, definitely. I'd love to live closer to downtown. But the choices seem to be overpriced dilapidated tiny apartments or overpriced luxury complexes. There doesn't seem to be anything in the middle...and not overpriced.

Canyon Springs does 6 and 12 month leases with no difference in monthly price between the two. I did the year anyways because I know the rent will be raised when it comes time to re-lease.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:37 PM

2,185 posts, read 6,434,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfit View Post
I'm curious to know how you define a 'fun' apartment complex. I would define it as one with friendly people and considerate neighbors. I don't think all-night keggers next door would be very fun for me
Just plain, nothing spectacular. Boring in decor. The OP wanted hardwood, don't think they have that now, they didn't then. All night keggers, give me a break. I was talking about decor and location.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:32 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,297 times
I would say in order starting with the best:

1) Gables Grandview BY FAR (hardwood on first floors)
2) Alexan Vistas (no hardwood)
3) Gables Westlake (hardwood on first floors)
4) Nalle Woods

Old 06-14-2009, 01:15 PM

21 posts, read 59,509 times
I live at Alexa Vistas. The apartments are nice and fully upgraded. There are community activities at least once a month. The staff is top notch and the views are unbeatable. Another plus is that it's brand new. I've lived here for 3 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: