Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 12:28 PM

2,023 posts, read 4,187,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Ole View Post

This is a stop-motion music video for Victoria Noll's song "Take Me With You" that I photographed at over 100 locations in Austin, TX. I have lived in Austin for over 6 years now and it has become my home, so I wanted to shoot a video that showcased both my beloved city and an upcoming singer-songwriter in Victoria Noll.

The multi-colored guitar and chairs were created by me for the video, which is meant to take viewers on a journey through the city. The theme and concept fit perfectly with the song as well so I hope you enjoy the video and Keep Austin Weird!

For more info, news and music by Victoria Noll visit Victoria Noll on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Wow! this video is lagit Jose Ole! Great job! It looks really professional and it does do a great job at show casing Austin. I agree, Victoria Noll's has got a lot of talent. Keep up the good work and be sure not to ditch Austin or Texas for LA or New York when you make it big!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 10:31 AM

14 posts, read 45,783 times
Thanks wpmeads... funny enough, Victoria moved out to LA shortly after we finished shooting this music video. From what I hear, she's doing well for herself up there playing music and doing what she loves! Thanks again for the comments

Old 11-24-2009, 12:28 PM

380 posts, read 642,663 times
Nice shot of the construction crane! Truly embodies Austin.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:34 PM

Thanks MasterofPuppets... If you want to check out another crazy crane video, last year I finished up another photographic time lapse project documenting the construction of several of the newly built high rises in the West Campus neighborhood of Austin. Check out the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhCs9dtx3hI

Old 02-09-2010, 07:30 AM

174 posts, read 501,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Oh no, what a discovery! Nice work.

Look, I found another -

and another

OMG this is getting ridiculous (nice hat!!)
precisely my point

Old 02-09-2010, 09:13 AM

680 posts, read 1,383,841 times
Wonderful video and a GREAT new talent in Victoria Noll. I'd love to see her perform.

Thanks for capturing so many of my favorite places in Austin, especially the shots of The Cathedral of Junk. For any Austinites who have yet to visit that monument to insanity, get there and make sure to bring your kids. It's amazing!

Old 02-10-2010, 02:16 AM

163 posts, read 318,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
Remember that kid that was killed not too long ago with one punch on 6th street?
And what about those rappers that shot up the crowd waiting outside the event they were supposed to be playing at?

Oh, wait, is this thing on?
Did the tourists hear me?
OmiGOSH!
it is unfortuantely not uncommon to die from single blunt force trauma, which doesn't make this unique to austin's criminal demographic. if you get hit in the right place, by the right person, you're going to die. there are fights on 6th every weekend and sometimes during the week, that don't end in death. it is a single street filled with alcohol, drugs, testosterone, and irrational behavior. that is quite the formula for violence, and i've never understood the appeal. if you don't want to run the risk of being involved in these acts, then don't go to 6th street. it's a sad, bloated, and exploitive excuse for entertainment as it stands and is potentially dangerous. red river, west 6th, and the warehouse district offer more dynamic crowds and relatively safer environments. 6th street is not entirely representative of austin, and doesn't prove any point you've fumbled to make.

those "rappers" didn't "shoot up a crowd". it was a silly conflict that turned violent very quickly. several people were shot in the conflict, but you make it sound like it was an intentional assault on the innocent. that bar was notorious for violence, and as a result was shut down. you can find videos of street fights on youtube for nearly any mid to large size city, so i'm not sure what point you were attempting to prove.

i am all for discussing the faults of austin, and i'll be the first to admit there are many. enough that i've decided to move. however, when you portray your dislike for austin in this manner, it makes those who are trying to make valid points concerning austin's defects, look as silly as you do.

to reply to an innocuous music video with this nonsense, is just tasteless.

Last edited by absolutely; 02-10-2010 at 03:16 AM..

Old 03-23-2010, 05:25 AM

17 posts, read 46,913 times
Where is the building with the Austin post card? Also can you list some of the other places in your video...I would love to go around and see them!

Old 03-26-2010, 01:04 PM

The building with the Austin post card is Roadside Relics, which is on the corner of South First street and Annie. What other locations are you curious about? Thanks for viewing!

Old 03-26-2010, 01:21 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,101,396 times
Thanks, Jose Ole! I missed this when you put it on in the fall, so I am glad it got bumped up again. Great job all the way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin