Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 11:44 AM

14 posts, read 57,975 times

Advertisements

As I was driving around the Avery Ranch community today, I was surprised to see so many for sale signs that wasn't there the week before. What's going on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2007, 01:43 PM

6,333 posts, read 18,055,006 times
The Pending to Active ratio in Avery Ranch favors Buyers at this time.

There are 75 active listings and only 14 Pending in Avery Ranch. Many of the listings are vacant or Tenant occupied. Avery was, I believe, oversold to investors and some are trying to sell now.

By Contrast, Circle C has 47 Active and 47 Pending, which is a very strong ratio. The avg days on market for the Pendings in Circle C is 20 days. Of the 47 Pending, 27 went Pending in 5 days or less. It's an extremely strong Seller's market in Circle C.

I'll throw Steiner in since there's so much Steiner talk on the forum:
131 Active, 47 Pending. Avg days on market of Pendings is 57. Not a bad market, but not one in which Buyers must go on red alert when a new listing comes on. Of the 47 Pending in Steiner, 5 went Pending in 5 days or less.

SW Austin is a very hot market right now. NW is doing ok, nothing to complain about. Avery has high inventory for sure though, compared to demand.

Steve

Old 04-21-2007, 02:53 PM

110 posts, read 523,636 times
I am also interested in Avery Ranch. We have been looking around NW Austin for quite awhile now, and this neighborhood seems to be near a lot of stuff we like. Can anyone please give their opinions about pros & cons for this neighborhood?

Old 04-21-2007, 03:00 PM

979 posts, read 2,955,306 times
There is a huge new master planned for the other side of 620 (South side) off Parmer which could hold prices down at Avery for the next few years. This may also be why investors are choosing to sell now before they have more new homes to compete with.

Old 04-21-2007, 03:12 PM

149 posts, read 498,305 times
AustinGuy, how about Westside Preserve - pros & cons? I noticed that the builder raised the prices by about 5K last month in that area

Old 04-21-2007, 04:34 PM

982 posts, read 3,307,120 times
Quote:
There is a huge new master planned for the other side of 620 (South side) off Parmer which could hold prices down at Avery for the next few years. This may also be why investors are choosing to sell now before they have more new homes to compete with.
I'm doing a Google search for this new community - can you give me some more info? Thanks!

Old 04-21-2007, 04:53 PM

1,207 posts, read 6,279,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orionid View Post
I am also interested in Avery Ranch. We have been looking around NW Austin for quite awhile now, and this neighborhood seems to be near a lot of stuff we like. Can anyone please give their opinions about pros & cons for this neighborhood?
We thought Avery Ranch was great, close to a lot of things, as you said, and in a good school district(s). We just preferred the topography of the more westerly parts of Austin (RP and Steiner) to Avery Ranch.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:17 PM

110 posts, read 523,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi927 View Post
We thought Avery Ranch was great, close to a lot of things, as you said, and in a good school district(s). We just preferred the topography of the more westerly parts of Austin (RP and Steiner) to Avery Ranch.
Is the topography just more bland (flat), or less trees, or the views more urban? We didn''t make it up there when we were in town (twice!) so any info is better than what we have (nothing...). Thanks!

Old 04-22-2007, 02:06 PM

447 posts, read 1,849,694 times
I'm in Avery right now and have my house on the market.

For us, it's a combination of factors. I am looking at going to graduate school full time next year, so we want to cut our mortgage. Moving here from New England, we got a bit caught up in the "look how much house we can get for how cheap!" and we weren't really smart at thinking enough about the property taxes, utility bills, etc. It's not that we can't afford our house, but I have to work full time if we want to stay here, and I don't want to do that, if possible.

We also have some particular schools we're interested in, even though I'm sure that once the Avery Ranch elementary opens up (fall 2008) it will be fantastic. I'm also not thrilled how far away Avery is from the city (with both dh and I commuting) but the places we're looking at aren't really closer, so that was something we "hoped" for but probably won't get.

Old 04-22-2007, 07:34 PM

1,207 posts, read 6,279,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orionid View Post
Is the topography just more bland (flat), or less trees, or the views more urban? We didn''t make it up there when we were in town (twice!) so any info is better than what we have (nothing...). Thanks!
The topography is considerably less hilly than the RP/Steiner area and I do think there are less trees on the main road going into Avery Ranch than we have here. We looked at Avery prior to seeing RP/Steiner and really liked it, but then when we went to RP and then went back to Avery it felt flatter and more barren.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin