Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 08:24 AM

2,357 posts, read 7,874,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
Real humans stand up for what is right and if that includes a country ass whupin, so be it.
Welcome to the adult table.

I am not advocating arbitrary violence... but some of those morons DESERVE to eat a lock. Period.

Anyone who would be that cavalier with my life... I'd have no problem hurling a lock at their head!
They would have earned it. If you don't get that, you might just be a wimp or a sheltered yuppie...
not sure frankly... I don't see how folks live that way, quite honestly.
Nice. Way to paint with a broad, coarse brush. It would be awesome if you represented the bike community as a whole by hurling a lock at somebody's head. At least nobody would think you were a "wimp or sheltered yuppie". "Real humans" and adults can control their tempers and make distinctions.

-Are there inconsiderate and unsafe drivers who don't respect biker rights on the road? Yes.

-Are there bikers who act like douchebags, projecting a moral superiority by riding their bike? Yes.

-Do accidents sometimes happen between good people? Yes.

-Will the situation improve by administering "country *ss-whuppins'? No. It will just make you feel like a hero in your own comic book. It improves nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 09:51 AM

1,430 posts, read 2,364,326 times
I commute to work by bike when it isn't horrifically hot outside and when I don't need to show up in a suit, so I am definitely sympathetic to bike concerns. That said, when I got stuck behind a couple of corking bikers at Red River and MLK last year in a CM ride I was pretty freaking pissed off. CM riders have absolutely no right to detain me against my will in that manner...and mark my words--someday (probably in SF corked during one of the bigger rides) someone is going to take a gun out and shoot one of the SOBs who are doing it.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:39 AM

2,522 posts, read 6,017,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodinvilleguy View Post
I'm a very pro cycling person and I think they cause more problems. I'm all for a peaceful ride the is considerate to make a point but it should allow car traffic to be along side of them.
Remember the ranchers and farmers contesting open spaces in the movie "Oklahoma"....boy does that remind me of the contesting of road spaces by cars and bicyclists!.....Perhaps we need a new ditty..."The biker and the honker can be buddies" or something.....sorry, was never good with lyrics!

Old 08-03-2009, 11:07 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,207,663 times
Quote:
Real humans stand up for what is right and if that includes a country ass whupin, so be it.
Welcome to the adult table.

I am not advocating arbitrary violence... but some of those morons DESERVE to eat a lock. Period.

Anyone who would be that cavalier with my life... I'd have no problem hurling a lock at their head!
They would have earned it. If you don't get that, you might just be a wimp or a sheltered yuppie...
not sure frankly... I don't see how folks live that way, quite honestly.
Real humans stand up for what is right, and that is ALL users of the city streets behaving in a responsible, adult manner and according to the traffic laws. Throwing childish tantrums and acting as if the laws don't apply to you? Doesn't qualify. Not even a little bit. Even if you're riding a bicycle.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:46 PM

629 posts, read 1,646,690 times
Quote:
So...you're justified in being "cavalier" when someone is "cavalier" with your life?

Well geez , if everyone thought like you, we'd all be chunking locks at each others' heads.

Smart one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: