Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 05:17 PM

2,522 posts, read 6,036,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
You keep dreaming the dream, my friend...keep reaching for the stars! It ain't gonna happen though--NOT WITH THE ALMIGHTY STEELERS at least!!!

I posted mine there too.
Franco Harris Lives.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 05:19 PM

2,522 posts, read 6,036,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin-steve View Post
I've always wanted to be a mysterious man in black.

1) My face is plastered all over the internet as a Realtor, so my ugly mug is not hard to find.
2) Just having a little fun.
3) It's the first photo I saw when I clicked to find something to upload.
4) This conveys a truer essence of who I am than a headshot of me in a suit.

But here you go, since I disappointed you ...from when I was an Austin Hippy Realtor in the early 2000s.
You look like Bill Gates in dreadlocks in that! LOL!.....very hip.....seriously...you looked very cool back then!

Old 08-05-2009, 07:14 PM

123 posts, read 718,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthecut View Post
I agree....though its a confused thing....we want to connect to others, but only kinda sorta.....and put up walls/handles/etc. to keep removed and getting too close...privacy is no doubt a part, and a concern, but mostly people just want to connect so far and that's that...

One thing for sure is that people have different levels of desire to connect....some are good just posting comments and using handles, some need to at least see pics of regulars, some need audio/video input, which many forum hook-ups have had on the net for years now, and some people insist on meeting regulars in person.....the last is best facilitated by meet-up type sites, which I personally favor.....we have a great monthly meet-up at Ruta Maya's where we talk about new tech things, cutting-edge ideas and movements, and such.......I'm so used to meeting people in real life with these things that I push for at least photos on here, which itself isn't that much.....

I think it a very great thing that many of you guys are sharing pics, and I think it adds a needed touch of humanity and reality to this.......
I have to agree! I've met some really wonderful people on message forums! I think this is great, although I wouldn't consider myself a "regular". Here ya go!
Attached Thumbnails
Any regular posters on the Austin forum want to share what they look like?-me.jpg  

Old 08-05-2009, 07:22 PM

634 posts, read 1,448,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
That's me on the far right (blue shirt) "keepin' it real" on the east side of 35:
*sigh*

Do you even know any black people?

Old 08-05-2009, 08:33 PM

3,787 posts, read 7,000,519 times
Quote:
No..having fun, and getting to know the regular posters better..why not join us and post a pic, rather than toss little digs and innuendos? We'd all love to see a pic of old toilets, though I hope he/she looks a lot better than that "handle" sounds!.....

Hmmm, I thought I was pretty up front inthecut, wasn't aware it came across as "innuendos or digs"...but that's the typed word for ya.
Please, if you'd like to show me where I was "tossing digs" or putting out "innuendos" instead of being straight I'll take a look at it. (the mother's basement doesn't count)

It's too bad really you're equating a forum name with my looks but hey, to each his/her own. And actually, the handle is, "oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots". Just in case that isn't clear it's: old toilets make good flower pots. It isn't "old toilets".

I'm not really interested in seeing a picture of anyone, nor do I feel like I have to post one of mine, hence the obvious. I don't get any fun out of it, no kick, no pleasure "looking" and I don't have any witty or complimentary comments to make for anyone posting their pictures. It's a shell really. In other words...who cares what people on this forum look like?

If people have fun posting pictures on the internet I don't begrudge them...it's their trip. It isn't mine. I will do what's right though and not post in this thread.

Last edited by oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots; 08-05-2009 at 08:44 PM..

Old 08-05-2009, 10:49 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,899,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots View Post
Hmmm, I thought I was pretty up front inthecut, wasn't aware it came across as "innuendos or digs"...but that's the typed word for ya.
Please, if you'd like to show me where I was "tossing digs" or putting out "innuendos" instead of being straight I'll take a look at it. (the mother's basement doesn't count)

It's too bad really you're equating a forum name with my looks but hey, to each his/her own. And actually, the handle is, "oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots". Just in case that isn't clear it's: old toilets make good flower pots. It isn't "old toilets".

I'm not really interested in seeing a picture of anyone, nor do I feel like I have to post one of mine, hence the obvious. I don't get any fun out of it, no kick, no pleasure "looking" and I don't have any witty or complimentary comments to make for anyone posting their pictures. It's a shell really. In other words...who cares what people on this forum look like?

If people have fun posting pictures on the internet I don't begrudge them...it's their trip. It isn't mine. I will do what's right though and not post in this thread.

Damn. Why do I feel scolded? And I was one of the most hesitant to give up a photo...

Seriously, in defense of ITC, I don't think he was reprimanding you, just trying to coax you into the game. But I do have a question ( and I think it's fair): what brought you to read through this whole thread if you weren't even a little interested? I mean, you've been posting on this thread almost since its inception...

Old 08-05-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin-steve View Post
I've always wanted to be a mysterious man in black.

1) My face is plastered all over the internet as a Realtor, so my ugly mug is not hard to find.
2) Just having a little fun.
3) It's the first photo I saw when I clicked to find something to upload.
4) This conveys a truer essence of who I am than a headshot of me in a suit.

But here you go, since I disappointed you ...from when I was an Austin Hippy Realtor in the early 2000s.
Hey, I'd buy a house from that guy

Old 08-05-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Twange, you cut a VERY distinguished figure, ala Hunter S. Thompson...
BTW, here's the HST suicide note:

"No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always b*tchy. No Fun — for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax — This won't hurt."

I promise you, I'm not that guy!

Old 08-06-2009, 12:51 AM

205 posts, read 617,731 times
WOW...I leave for the evening and come back to discover so many interesting posts on this thread.

Actually, I kinda gotta weigh in with Flower Pots (aka Old Toilets)...his posts always add another dimension to discussions and let's face it, our forum is all the more interesting because the posters here add different flavors, colors (you get my drift).
It's early hours of the morning, so I think I am reverting to some of my kiwi ways in self-expression. I'm hoping I haven't lost anyone along the way

Flower Pots...I take it you are a keen gardener? Do you have any photos of old toilets being used as flower pots? I'd love to see one. My mother 'n law added white rocks as a border to her very green foliaged garden and the white really contrasted with the greens to draw the eye to the garden shrubs, so I'm thinking, the white exterior of the toilet would make for a stand out feature against strong greens and a splash of color - like geranium bursting forth.

InTheCut - still waiting for those pics you promised...hoping the g/f didn't get attacked by any of those nasties in your dungeon whilst embarking upon the photo journalling of you for our benefit.

Twange - Pretty certain you are not the suicidal type (even if there was any smidgen of a possibility, you're well-connected to us now...hahaha, there's no escape). One of the joys of the printed word and photo, you can reread/review endlessly if you need to.

OhiotoTexas - your face is very familiar to me (great pic BTW). May have been a teacher workshop? Anywayz, it's definitely a treat to see more people's pics.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:25 AM

477 posts, read 1,581,195 times
Is OldToilets even a He? I picture a She for some reason. But, maybe he/she has said something in a previous post to indicate otherwise and I'm not remembering it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin