Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 06:40 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,896,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
I think there may have been a misunderstanding there. CptRn (I think) posted a picture of Hunter S Thompson because someone was comparing Twange to Hunter S. Thompson. He wasn't trying to misrepresent who he was (if you don't count the mandog photo he submitted of himself earlier) it was just for the Twange comparison. You complimented him and he quickly clarified that it wasn't him.
Well, since nobody wants to claim this, I'll just take that as a left-handed, round'-the-corner compliment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 06:45 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,056,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnaiy View Post
Yes Jenny, I recall that, but I don't think Mimimom was refering to CptRn or Twange...

Quote Post #185 from Mimimom:
I think if you want to post a real picture, go for it, it's fun and I've enjoyed it. If you post an obviously fake picture (Mickey Mouse), then it's funny, although I guess it does violate TOS. If you post a fake picture only you know is fake (your cousin), then I guess you're cautious.

If you post a fake picture of an obscure famous person just to see if people 'get it', you're kind of an a##hole, but whatever.

..And she (mimimom) says she wasn't talkingabout Jobert - who at the time I was taking to task over his fake picture and not owning up that it was not himself when he was called out by InTheCut, TexasTea and myself. So I guess, it will remain a mystery who she says was being "pompous and jerky" about his picture.
No, that's what she was talking about. If you go through the thread you will see the exchange. I'm telling you, I have way toooo much time on my hands

Old 08-17-2009, 07:06 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,312,752 times
Quote:
Yes Jenny, I recall that, but I don't think Mimimom was refering to CptRn or Twange...

Quote Post #185 from Mimimom:
I think if you substitute 'one' wants to post a real picture, go for it, it's fun and I've enjoyed it. If you one posts an obviously fake picture (Mickey Mouse), then it's funny, although I guess it does violate TOS. If you one post s a fake picture only you one know s is fake (your cousin), then I guess you're cautious.

If you post a fake picture of an obscure famous person just to see if people 'get it', you're kind of an a##hole, but whatever.

..And she (mimimom) says she wasn't talkingabout Jobert - who at the time I was taking to task over his fake picture and not owning up that it was not himself when he was called out by InTheCut, TexasTea and myself. So I guess, it will remain a mystery who she says was being "pompous and jerky" about his picture.
You get the picture. I should have said 'one' instead of 'you'. I'm over it.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:03 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
I find Jobert's posts amusing. They actually have made me laugh out loud at times. Sometimes people are way too serious on here!

Old 08-18-2009, 10:27 AM

2,522 posts, read 6,034,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I find Jobert's posts amusing. They actually have made me laugh out loud at times. Sometimes people are way too serious on here!
I think we pick at details too much....we should try to converse like real life...just having fun, letting in go where it may....if we were this persnikedy in real life talk no one would ever talk to anybody.....
The key is having fun, or making us think and ponder interesting things...

Old 08-18-2009, 11:46 AM

205 posts, read 617,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twange View Post
Well, since nobody wants to claim this, I'll just take that as a left-handed, round'-the-corner compliment
That just reminded me of another award for you

Old 08-18-2009, 01:23 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,896,347 times
Quote:
That just reminded me of another award for you
Good I hope???

Last edited by twange; 08-18-2009 at 01:49 PM..

Old 02-08-2011, 02:56 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,034,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinGuy View Post
Do you live in Austin? I don't know anyone here who is lucky enough to have a basement.
I was just going to ask that same question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin