Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 08:43 AM

2,522 posts, read 6,036,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twange View Post
Oh all right, what the hell...not the most revealing but something:
Twange, you cut a VERY distinguished figure, ala Hunter S. Thompson...
all you need is a cigarette holder and you're in business.....seriously..a very cool look.....why you would be reticent to post a pic I have no idea...the cigar really completes it....excellent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnaiy View Post
Twange, LOL...optimisticly revealing - pasttime
pessimisticly - this is representative of you; but surely at least one dimension.
Thanks!

Any more daring to reveal something about themselves...or go all out like AchtungPV ???
which left nothing to the imagination; and disturbed sleep.
Achtung.....glad to see you were the centerfold of Soldier of Fortune magazine's March. '08 issue.......I kid.....just cool that you put anything up period!.........

Old 08-05-2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
you gonna pass that or what?
That ain't no blunt!......That's a Cuban Cohiba!...you can tell by the tightly rolled leaf....

Old 08-05-2009, 09:41 AM

2,357 posts, read 7,899,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
you gonna pass that or what?
Any time ...actually I rarely smoke cigars,that's why my wife took the pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungpv View Post
Maynard?
I've gotten that before, but only when I where hats. Lately, it's been the Ace of Cakes guy (some dude who makes cakes on a cable cooking show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Twange is contemplating the demise of the Browns by the Steelers in his photo!!!
Well now, there's a new Sheriff in town these days. A new scent on the wind, if you will...we shall see! One thing I'll GUARANTEE: the Browns ain't gonna roll over like the last 10 years or so...ya' know back in ancient history (late 50s and early 60s) these roles were flip-flopped. History will repeat. Some day I hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthecut View Post
all you need is a cigarette holder and you're in business.....seriously..a very cool look.....why you would be reticent to post a pic I have no idea...the cigar really completes it....excellent!
It's all about camera angles and lighting my friend!

I suppose on a site like this (with so many more unknown people reading without posting), some folks are more cautious when it comes to giving up personal identity. Especially the way opinions flair at times. You never know when someone takes their "opinion" to another level. I know that sounds a little paranoid but unfortunately, there have been incidents.

But I do agree, that having an image of someone during virtual interaction can be meaningful.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:00 AM

3,787 posts, read 7,000,519 times
I'm compelled to give you a written description to quell your imagination. I wouldn't post a picture of my dog on the internet let alone myself or family members. The internet can turn from the heavens to the depths of hell in split seconds. I don't want anyone killing my dog, or anyone else in my family.

Call me paranoid if you wish...it's reality. You'll understand someday when you have a goat knocking at your door.

I assure you I am genuinely a "stara baba" in the flesh, not quite immortal.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:18 PM

I agree....though its a confused thing....we want to connect to others, but only kinda sorta.....and put up walls/handles/etc. to keep removed and getting too close...privacy is no doubt a part, and a concern, but mostly people just want to connect so far and that's that...

One thing for sure is that people have different levels of desire to connect....some are good just posting comments and using handles, some need to at least see pics of regulars, some need audio/video input, which many forum hook-ups have had on the net for years now, and some people insist on meeting regulars in person.....the last is best facilitated by meet-up type sites, which I personally favor.....we have a great monthly meet-up at Ruta Maya's where we talk about new tech things, cutting-edge ideas and movements, and such.......I'm so used to meeting people in real life with these things that I push for at least photos on here, which itself isn't that much.....

I think it a very great thing that many of you guys are sharing pics, and I think it adds a needed touch of humanity and reality to this.......

Old 08-05-2009, 12:29 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,899,018 times
Quote:

Another nerd moment. That was a day we had 3 birthdays in a row. That was birthday #2 and I'm already done for the day (but not really).
BTW, GREAT tee-shirt love roses! What an awesome record. Little Martha... recorded just a few weeks before duane Allman's death

Old 08-05-2009, 01:52 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,695,313 times
Quote:
I like it, LR! You're very cute!......cool that you posted something!...you can always put up another one later, but I like that one fine...question, was your girl born in Colorado before you moved out to Austin?...also, we need a pic of you on your bike....I'll put one up with my old reliable '82 Schwinn tomorrow!
Yep, she's a native Coloradan, born in Denver. I'll have to look through my pics or have my neighbor take some bike pics.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:12 PM

3,787 posts, read 7,000,519 times
I gotta ask...inthecut, are you doing research?

Old 08-05-2009, 02:20 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,068,148 times
Quote:
Exactly what I was thinking!

http://www.drunkenblog.com/drunkenblog-archives/i/s_thompson_c.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin