Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 06:29 PM

112 posts, read 484,780 times

Advertisements

The problem is not just Pulte. The problem is the guy that handles issues after you close. The guy that runs things in Highpointe is a LIAR. You can not trust him at all. He told us all kinds of stuff when we closed. Three months later Pulte sold their interest in Highpointe and he uses this as his excuse. Buyer beware! Highpointe is a GREAT place to live- hopefully your home does not have defects!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 06:36 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,056,803 times
So about 10 years ago, a few months after moving into our brand new Wilshire Home down in CCR, one of our new counter tops warped. It apparently wasn't sealed correctly. At any rate, I headed over the the model to request it be replaced and they told me that it wasn't going to happen, it was builder grade and that's why it had warped, blah blah blah. Anyway, I was so angry that I went home.

A few minutes later I marched back over there and said, voice shaking, that I would be making a sign and sitting right on the edge of the new part of the subdivision. My sign would read "Wilshire Homes doesn't stand by their warranties... come in and see my kitchen."

I got a call later that day saying they would take care of it.

Of course, this tactic will only work if they are still developing in your neighborhood and if they think you are crazy enough to spend your weekends protesting. They were and they did (and I was!)

Old 08-09-2009, 07:32 PM

112 posts, read 484,780 times
Very good idea Jennibc! If you are unhappy with your home and the builder is still selling homes in the area, make a sign, get a chair and sit just outside the model homes (off their property). Tell people what problems you are having- I can assure you, your problem will be resolved within a week! TK is a liar and he will place the blame somewhere else, don't let him. Tile is cracked- MAKE them fix it. Ponds and common areas are not being care for, get a sign and let people know what's happening. If it stops just one person from buying a home, Pulte will fix it.

I will make a sign and sit with you! We can change the way things are done!

Old 08-12-2009, 12:57 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,046,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
But your post says they are around 'till 2010.
I'm sorry, you are absolutely correct, I had it stuck in my mind they were supposed to close in 2009. Obviously they have found a way to drag it out for a year.

So I guess that means homeowners are still obligated to try and work out the disputes with TRCC for another year before they can sue.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:04 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,120,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
DO NOT CLOSE UNLESS EVERYTHING IS PERFECT!!! Goes for any fast paced builder, like Plute, and Morrison...etc.

Once you close and they have their money, GOOD LUCK!!!
This is good advice. The builder (david weekley) was awesome but the garage sloped towards the house. Garages should slope away from the house. Also, the driveway in front of the third bay narrowed from 3->2 too quickly. A long vehicle like a truck would not be able to pull out properly.

I refused to close, even my realtor kept trying to get me to close. They fixed the major problems then threw in epoxy coating in the garage and a sprinkler system.

The house is 9 years old this august, but has been completely trouble free. Normal repair stuff is starting to come up but this house has been rock solid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin