Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2009, 03:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,024 times

Advertisements

I'm in the process of house hunting and am looking at a house in Deerbrook Village, just south of 620 and Lakeline Mall. Is anyone familair with this area? We really want to be in walking distance of a park and community pool, but our budget is limited, which has made the search difficult. We live around Milwood now, which we like, but it's difficult to find a home in our price range there. The house in deerbrook is within our price range and seems to have a lot of potential. I'm not sure if I like being so close to the mall or not. If any has any information about this area, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks a bunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 06:01 PM

1,306 posts, read 3,112,248 times
I'm not that familiar with Deerbrook Village, but I'm fairly certain it's just a subdivision within Anderson Mill. You might want to call up the Anderson Mill LD office to confirm, but it looks like it's on the map: Anderson Mill* Limited District

I live in Anderson Mill. It's a quiet, established neighborhood. A number of rental houses, but also a lot of young and old families. Great access to everything. RRISD schools. I don't think being near the mall is a big problem unless your potential house's lot backs to 620. There are some dumpier sections of AM close to 183 & Anderson Mill, but my impression of Deerbrook is that for the most part it's well kept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: