Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 09:07 PM

658 posts, read 2,006,793 times

Advertisements

I have been very happy with our homemade antenna and the 10 channels we get. The only reason I got Dish today is so my husband will have his football programs. I was going to cancel TW again in Feb but now I have signed up for a 2 year contract. What was I thinking?? I may keep it or I may cancel with the money I save the first year getting it for $29 a month. I got another $30 off my first bill by using a referral from a friend. She got $5 off her bill for 10 months so an extra $50 is coming her way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 10:54 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesonofgray View Post
Where I live on 360 the Time Warner Cable signal is weak. Most weekends the HD channels freeze up a few times. I called about it and was basically told that "that's just the way it is - a weak signal."

And the worst part? I basically have no other options. Uverse isn't out here yet and I don't have an appropriately facing balcony for satellite.

So I'm stuck with TWC.
There is no reason you should accept that answer. Insist on a resolution. Escalate it if necessary. You pay them good money and you should get a block free picture.

Make them fix it!

Old 10-10-2009, 08:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motherofthree View Post
I had Time Warner for 2 years and during that time my bill went from $148 to $204/mo and I didn't add any services. They just said it was a rate increase. I also had A LOT of times when my TW DVR would just keep rebooting. Tech after tech would come out and try to fix it.

Two months ago I said enough of TW and went with UVERSE. Install guy was great and on time. Install took about 4 hours but he did his own thing - mostly outside so it didn't bother me. So far I am really pleased with it and my bill is $147/mo for the same thing I had with TW.

Final blow from TW, they refused to port my number to ATT. It was horrible. I had a bill coming from TW and a ATT bill for the same number. I was using UVERSE phone but TW kept saying that ATT didn't call to say they completed the phone set up. Duh. I'm using an ATT phone. I kept calling ATT and UVERSE to try to work it out and it was all TW. They kept saying , it's in process or ATT hasn't finished their end. It went on for TWO weeks. I finally filed a report with FCC and called TW and told them I filed a complaint and that it was against the law for them not to port my number when requested - not completed. Well, about 30 sec after I said that the TW rep. said it was all done and I had my final bill mailed to me 4 days later. Coincidence? I don't think so. I will never go back to TW.
Of course your bill went up without you adding services. It doesn't matter what cable company you switch to. Prices will increase more then they decrease. There is no set price that everything must stay at especially in current economic conditions. Everything is fluctuating. Prices do change even when services do not.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:02 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
I'm one of those people who have had nothing but good experiences with Time Warner. Call them and ask them to send a tech out to the house. They installed a booster in our house and rewired when we went to digital because the original wiring didn't pick up the digital signal very well. It's worth a try.

All I had to do was call them and they came out the next day and fixed me right up. If people don't call they will never get it fixed. BTW wait until you have to call ATT hahahahahahahhahahha.... I'd rather go in for surgery......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: