Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 02:19 PM

160 posts, read 365,652 times

Advertisements

I work a lot and don't have a lot of time to watch T.V. but it seems everytime I have tried to watch the Time Warner Cable feed has been going in and out. It makes watching the TV almost pointless. The Astros-Cardinals game right now is pretty much unwatchable. Is anybody else having these problems? Can we get a refund?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 02:21 PM

8,009 posts, read 10,423,146 times
Time Warner sucks. They couldn't pay me to use their service. We switched to Dish Network years ago and have been very happy. Don't know about a refund, but I would at least switch to a different service.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:36 PM

21 posts, read 79,582 times
See if you can get AT&T Uverse. Free installation and $250 cashback offer right now if you order online. I've had zero problems with spotty service in the year and 1/2 I've had the service.

Time Warner is terrible.

trey

Old 08-27-2009, 03:00 PM

80 posts, read 108,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAustin View Post
I work a lot and don't have a lot of time to watch T.V. but it seems everytime I have tried to watch the Time Warner Cable feed has been going in and out. It makes watching the TV almost pointless. The Astros-Cardinals game right now is pretty much unwatchable. Is anybody else having these problems? Can we get a refund?
I never have any problems with Time Warner, you want to know why. I got rid of them 5 years ago and I will never ever have another problem with them.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:18 PM

5,865 posts, read 11,921,592 times
I'm one of those people who have had nothing but good experiences with Time Warner. Call them and ask them to send a tech out to the house. They installed a booster in our house and rewired when we went to digital because the original wiring didn't pick up the digital signal very well. It's worth a try.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:22 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,167,133 times
You won't hear me defending TW much. But if your signal is bad, why aren't you complaining about it? Call them and make them fix it.

That's what I have done - several times - and escalated if necessary. Eventually they took care of it and my cable has generally been stable.

I would switch to satellite or something else - but I have no real choice for broadband other than Roadrunner.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:58 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,055,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAustin View Post
I had similar problems with them a few years ago. I had to call and complain everytime it happened for about a month before they finally came out and replaced the cable into my house, and I have not had a problems since. They will give you a refund or credit but only for the days you call and say you have no service.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:41 PM
AGA

729 posts, read 2,707,051 times
Satellite all the way!

Old 08-27-2009, 07:53 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,133,952 times
The problem with TW is that if you need a technician to come to your house you have to retire! They give you a six hour service window-- almost always during business hours unless you scream and yell Then when the first technician doesn't fix the problem, which has always been the case, you have to take another afternoon off for another technician to come and not fix it. Took them four visits to get my internet working after they erronously disconnected it.

I had to be here for all the appointments. At the time I was working for someone else, and had to take a lot of time off. They are truly disgraceful.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:13 PM

786 posts, read 2,761,515 times
I've had no problem with Saturday or even Sunday appointments from TW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: