Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 06:31 PM

15,241 posts, read 35,440,091 times

Advertisements

State jobs are, to a large extent, all about checking the right boxes of experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 08:40 AM

1,073 posts, read 2,084,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiev111 View Post
Sweet!!! This will be my first real job out of college (if I get it). It's at the Ridge point location! Thank you so much for the tip, I will definitely study the job posting! I went to school for sociology/criminology and I have lots of background working with kids/at risk youth, so Im hoping I can land the job!

Sounds like Trainweck pretty much said the same thing...check all the boxes of experience that the job posting is asking for. The interviewer will be using a point system and will give you points for every KSA and areas of experience you hit. And use a lot of "buzzwords" from the posting.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Old 09-14-2017, 09:13 AM

202 posts, read 349,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.JT View Post
Sounds like Trainweck pretty much said the same thing...check all the boxes of experience that the job posting is asking for. The interviewer will be using a point system and will give you points for every KSA and areas of experience you hit. And use a lot of "buzzwords" from the posting.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Great to know!! Thank y'all so much for the advice.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:21 AM

1,062 posts, read 966,165 times
Quote:
A position with DFPS was my first state job. Do you know which location? I started at the 183/Cameron building, and we eventually moved our offices to Summit Drive - nice building. The office off Ridgepoint is really nice, as well.

Good luck! If you still have the job posting, make sure you study it and incorporate all the KSA's from the posting into your answers.
You think it's nice there? What about the homeless encampment close by? I'm always astonished by the places people like

Old 09-20-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthisle View Post
You think it's nice there? What about the homeless encampment close by? I'm always astonished by the places people like

I actually did think the facility at Ridgepoint drive was really nice. I had my interview there yesterday and the hiring manager told me it used to be Apple. It was huge and very nice inside! The surrounding area may not be the safest but they have security guards everywhere and you can't get in the building at certain times without a badge to scan you in apparently.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthisle View Post
Yes, I said it's nice. Must I repeat myself? Calm down. I was talking about the INSIDE of the building. Have you been INSIDE?? I know NOTHING about the homeless encampment. It's been years since I've been to either of the two buildings.

I'm always astonished by the incredulous assumptions people make.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiev111 View Post
I actually did think the facility at Ridgepoint drive was really nice. I had my interview there yesterday and the hiring manager told me it used to be Apple. It was huge and very nice inside! The surrounding area may not be the safest but they have security guards everywhere and you can't get in the building at certain times without a badge to scan you in apparently.

I never knew Apple was in that building. I knew they were in a building around the corner off of 183, but I had no idea Ridgepoint was also one of them.

I hope your interview went well!

Old 09-20-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
I never knew Apple was in that building. I knew they were in a building around the corner off of 183, but I had no idea Ridgepoint was also one of them.

I hope your interview went well!
Yeah I had no idea either!!! But I think it went great actually!! Thank you so much!

Old 09-20-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Yes, I said it's nice. Must I repeat myself? Calm down. I was talking about the INSIDE of the building. Have you been INSIDE?? I know NOTHING about the homeless encampment. It's been years since I've been to either of the two buildings.

I'm always astonished by the incredulous assumptions people make.
Regardless of the surrounding area, they told me there are multiple security guards for each building and security paroling, not to mention you can't get into the buildings at certain without a badge to scan you in! But yes, people love to make assumptions! I drove around the area and didn't see any homeless encampments but who knows!

Old 09-20-2017, 02:31 PM

15,241 posts, read 35,440,091 times
Homeless people really aren't that scary, imho. Sometimes annoying, but not really scary.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin