Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2009, 08:02 AM

675 posts, read 1,905,219 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good place to buy a 5 year kid Halloween costume? Specifically we've been looking around (at Target and Wal Mart) for a Luke Skywalker costume, but the big retailers seem to be sold out of it. I refuse to dress my kid as a character from Episode 1, which seems to be all anybody has. I think I can get it online, but I'm nervous about ordering it now and getting it shipped, plus I like to make sure the quality is good by seeing it in person. I've seen some Halloween costume stores up north, but haven't been in any of them. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 08:50 AM

2,627 posts, read 6,574,303 times
I haven't really looked in the retail stores, but you would definitely be safe ordering a Luke costume from the official Star Wars Shop. Everything there is officially licensed as it's the actual Lucas website. I don't think you'll find anything that is better quality than the officially licensed products at the retail Halloween shops. I've ordered items from there before and they always ship in a timely manner. I imagine you'd find a lot of Anakin costumes in the retail stores right now along with unlicensed cheaper quality costumes and would probably be wasting your time.

StarWarsShop.com - More Products. More Exclusives.

You can also compare other on-line vendors costumes to the ones sold at the official Star Wars Shop as they are often the same exact officially licensed costumes. A couple of places that sell the officially licensed ones are below, but I have no idea about the credibility of these sites.

Child Jedi Costumes - Kids Jedi Costume, Children's

This site seems to have the officially licensed ones along with some that look to be better quality than the standard officially licensed costumes offered at the official Star Wars Shop.

Star Wars Costumes - Adult, Child Halloween Costume

Good luck.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:55 AM

324 posts, read 1,311,834 times
in the past i've found that if it is sold out in one part of town, so it goes everywhere else. i have purchased on line and it has arrived promptly (they are prepared for just this scenario). as for quality, they are all junk in mho!

Old 10-09-2009, 02:08 PM

1,317 posts, read 4,057,863 times
Go to any Goodwill, they have TONS of costumes there. I was in the one in Round Rock last weekend, and they have half the store all set up with costumes and other things.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:43 PM
AGA

729 posts, read 2,707,536 times
There is a Halloween shop in Sunset Valley (where TJ MAXX is ) and today they had lots of costumes from starwars I think....They had a pretty good variety there of lots of things, so it may be worth a try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin