Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 02:37 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,552,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve78757 View Post
If these people end up driving the Nutty Brown Cafe out of business and end up getting a Wal Mart in its place, well that would be really funny.
Covert might be looking to add yet another dealer location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 02:44 PM

3,981 posts, read 6,736,789 times
So has anyone actually done DB readings from the residential areas of Belterra during a live set? Are the readings any higher than the traffic on US 290?

Old 04-26-2013, 02:45 PM

5,867 posts, read 11,926,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verybadgnome View Post
So has anyone actually done DB readings from the residential areas of Belterra during a live set? Are the readings any higher than the traffic on US 290?
That reminds me - there's a really cool free DB reader app for the iPhone (not sure about Android).

Old 04-26-2013, 03:34 PM

5,184 posts, read 7,278,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llkltk View Post
I think you are misinforming people. The amphitheater is still there and they are still having live performances. Nothing has moved to Buda. Get your facts straight.
YOU are the one misinforming people. The Wednesday "Free Texas Concert Series" has in fact moved to a raceway south of Kyle.

Lord, make my words tender for I might have to eat them ...

Old 04-26-2013, 04:18 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verybadgnome View Post
Here ya go - I posted this earlier today (and then realized it had been posted earlier in this thread by someone else).

Old 04-27-2013, 07:51 PM

2,185 posts, read 6,434,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scm53 View Post
YOU are the one misinforming people. The Wednesday "Free Texas Concert Series" has in fact moved to a raceway south of Kyle.

Lord, make my words tender for I might have to eat them ...
Uh, the post implied that the amphitheater was shut down and that is not the case!

Old 04-27-2013, 08:50 PM

5,184 posts, read 7,278,461 times
Quote:
Uh, the post implied that the amphitheater was shut down and that is not the case!
You said:

Quote:
Nothing has moved to Buda. Get your facts straight.
When in fact the Wednesday night shows have. What was or wasn't in the original post is immaterial. You are wrong and are trying to throw up gorilla dust to obfuscate that fact.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:44 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,068,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeAustinGirl View Post
I stumbled on this while looking for info on Nutty Brown. I live in Belterra and for the record the problems with NB were not drummed up by Belterra, but more by Heritage Oaks residents. Here's a news article to back that up. noise-complaints-threaten-nutty-brown
I'm sure some Belterra residents were annoyed, but it was a small price to pay for the great music. Regardless, looks like they got what they wanted. The large amphitheater has been removed and NB is now sponsoring large music venues elsewhere (Buda). NB has also had all or part of their land sold.....rumor has it - to Walmart. Be careful what you ask for....you may have won the noise battle, but look what you may get now.
Quote:
I think you are misinforming people. The amphitheater is still there and they are still having live performances. Nothing has moved to Buda. Get your facts straight.
I judge llkltk's comments as mostly true. "Nothing" was clearly in regard to the large amphitheater and large music venues.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:37 PM

440 posts, read 714,622 times
What is the dB reading *inside* the houses in question?

There's no good way to determine a buffer zone for outdoor venues. Even if you could, the land cost would be enormous. This is a question of whether live amplified outdoor music will be available anywhere outside the downtown entertainment district.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:24 PM

11 posts, read 17,286 times
I just spoke to Nutty Brown Café and they confirmed (as I stated) that the large amphitheater WAS moved (or removed from Nutty Brown) to the Central Texas Speedway in Kyle (sorry, not Buda – I did misinform on that one). The person I spoke with said that they still have music at Nutty Brown, but that some of the really big shows have moved to Kyle. She also said that the landlord of the lots they used for parking, has decided to do something else with that land – she did not specify what that was, however I’ve heard Walmart and HEB….who knows for sure? You know how rumors are – they are rumors. Here is some calendar information for NB’s future shows this month (further evidence they are not hosting to the magnitude they used to):
Nutty Brown Cafe

❚❚ MAY 23 … HOLD MY BEER & WATCH THIS! Acoustic Tour w/ Randy Rogers and Wade Bowen at Central Texas Speedwayhttp://bit.ly/hmbwt13
❚❚ MAY 24 … Monte Montgomery @ Nutty Brown http://bit.ly/mm0513nb
❚❚ MAY 25 … Bob Schneider Music w/ Max Frost and Logan Brill @ Nutty Brown http://bit.ly/nb525bob
AND Wednesday Free music series moved to Kyle:
Nutty Brown Cafe

Looking for FREE live music? Make plans to head to Central Texas Speedway for tonight's KOKE FM Free Texas Concert Series w/ Granger Smith and Tyler and the Tribe! Gates 6pm, Music 7pm, cold beer, free parking

So back to my original point - be careful what you ask for.....who knows what will end up in what used to be the Nutty Brown parking area.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin