Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 07:34 PM

947 posts, read 3,139,770 times

Advertisements

Wow - that's just awful to hear. My heart goes out to the family and friends. It's going to be a long healing process for the family. I couldn't imagine the pain they are feeling. I hope they have a lot of support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 10:16 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Sad to say that the girl passed away tonight
I am so sorry to hear this.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:54 PM

1,774 posts, read 3,794,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Sad to say that the girl passed away tonight
So very, very sorry. My heart goes out to her family.

Old 10-30-2009, 03:53 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,695,313 times
Thanks guys. My friend says that the family appreciates all the prayers and condolensces.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:40 AM

234 posts, read 718,847 times
I don't recommend getting any flu vaccine, especially the h1n1 vaccine. Lots of people are dying as a result of crazy immune responses to the additives in the h1n1 vaccine. I've heard lots of people are dead, or suffering from seizures and other horrible side effects. I don't know if it's been in the news in the U.S. but it's all over Europe, reported in Sweden specifically. Worldwide it's all the same vaccine so I thought that was pretty scary. Anyway just be careful, take LOTS of Vitamin D and Vitamin C supplements, eat your fruits/veggies, and get LOTS of sleep - even if you're not sick this will strengthen your immune system and having a strong immune system is your best defense. The good news is h1n1 is not any worse than regular seasonal flu. Just like any flu virus it can cause unpredictable responses in our bodies which sometimes leads to tragedy. But the vaccine is NOT the answer, especially for pregnant women and children, who have weaker immune systems.

So the best advice I can give anyone is:

1) STAY HEALTHY - Take Vitamin D, Vitamin C, and if you actually get sick I recommend taking Silver (you can get silver supplements in pill form, it fights bacterial infection AND is also anti-viral). Get exercise and lots of sunshine, and of course plenty of sleep and try to keep your stress levels low because stress can affect your health as well.

2) DO NOT GET THE VACCINE - so far the side effects are rather unpredictable and more deadly than expected. What scares me is they are not flooding the news with this information. I almost feel as if the vaccine may be 'tainted' because one of the companies producing the h1n1 vaccine has a bad reputation for 'accidentally' tainting their vaccines. I simply don't trust the big guys making these shots, their focus is on QUANTITY and they tend to overlook what's in the vaccines. Can you believe they still put Squalene and Thimerosal in vaccines??? You should look up both of those ingredient because they can do terrible things to your body - and they put it into the h1n1 vaccine - why????

3) IF you get sick - get plenty of sleep, take good care of yourself, take vitamins, take silver supplement, keep your fever down, and of course have faith in God and don't worry too much about it!

God bless you all and PLEASE stay healthy and PLEASE do NOT get the vaccine!!! I wish more people knew more about flu viruses in general, they are essentially useless (in my opinion) because viruses have the ability to MUTATE - so if you are supposedly immune to one strain it will not protect you against the a slightly different strain, which there could be MANY of. I don't think it's worth the risk of all the terrible side effects you might get from taking the vaccine!!!

Take care ya'll

Old 11-01-2009, 02:43 AM

234 posts, read 718,847 times
by the way I apologize for the lousy grammar!!!

Old 11-01-2009, 09:07 AM

I did hear about that but don't remember where. My husband was concerned about the Thimerosal. I think I read somewhere that you can get the vaccine without it in there. As far as the other advice you give, I DO follow it, especially for my daughter who has asthma, and ANY flu she gets could be potentially deadly.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:10 AM

139 posts, read 350,878 times
I get the feeling a lot of people on this thread purchased the book "Natural Cures They Don't Want You to Know About." Maybe a giant pandemic will one day wipe out all the conspiracy theorists?

The difference between H1N1 and the regular flu is that H1N1 is more easily transmissible. More people will get it than the regular flu, and as a result, more people will die.

Here are some helpful tips in protecting yourself:

• Hands off the face. Resist temptation to touch any part of the face.
• Gargle twice a day with warm salt water (or use Listerine). H1N1 takes 2-3 days to proliferate after initially infecting the throat/nasal cavity. Simple gargling prevents proliferation.
• Clean your nostrils at least once a day with warm salt water. You may use a Neti Pot or just blow your nose hard and swab both nostrils with cotton swab dipped in warm salt water.
• Eat foods rich in vitamin C (citrus fruits and juices) to boost your natural immunity. Take a Vitamin C tablet that has Zinc in it as well to boost the absorption.
• Drink a lot of warm liquids to wash the proliferating virus into the stomach where it cannot survive.

Use common sense and you might not get it. But a flu vaccine is not a secret tax or a mind numbing zombie inoculation. Or maybe it is...

Old 11-01-2009, 09:52 AM

I know about the gargling but didn't know about drinking warm liquids and swabbing your nose. Thanks for the tips

Old 11-06-2009, 03:42 PM

23,857 posts, read 71,329,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak.nessa View Post
I don't recommend getting any flu vaccine, especially the h1n1 vaccine. Lots of people are dying as a result of crazy immune responses to the additives in the h1n1 vaccine. I've heard lots of people are dead, or suffering from seizures and other horrible side effects. I don't know if it's been in the news in the U.S. but it's all over Europe, reported in Sweden specifically. Worldwide it's all the same vaccine so I thought that was pretty scary.
No one has died from seizures side effects in Sweden.
Four people are confirmed dead because of the flu,not because of any side effects.
Where did you hear that?
I got the flu shot myself three days ago and nothing has happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: