Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2009, 08:03 AM

112 posts, read 325,591 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the process of a kitchen remodel and I'm trying to find out where is a good place to buy cabinets in austin. Are there any places that offer really good discounts for quality cabinets (doesn't need to be top of the line).

Thus far I've been to:
Home Depot
Kitchen Craft (off of Burnet road)

I heard that Home Depot tends to be at the high end, so we first went to Kitchen Craft. However, after checking out Home Depot, I think the price will be about the same...maybe Kitchen Craft being a little cheaper.

So if you have any recommendations on Cabinet showrooms, makers, suppliers, distributors, etc please let me know.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 09:28 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,014,187 times
Ask Home Depot which installer they use then contact them directly. You'll then save the HD markup on the installation. You can always have HD measure your kitchen,put together the cabinet selection, and order everything for you.

I had my cabinets through Lowe's and the installer said next time just call him directly and he'd just charge what he's paid by Lowe's and we could save the difference.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:46 AM

5,863 posts, read 11,917,859 times
There are a lot of good discussions on kitchen cabinets in the House forun and subforums. There is a poster on there (desertsun41) with tons of experience and advice on how to get the best cabinets for less money.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungpv View Post
Ask Home Depot which installer they use then contact them directly. You'll then save the HD markup on the installation. You can always have HD measure your kitchen,put together the cabinet selection, and order everything for you.

I had my cabinets through Lowe's and the installer said next time just call him directly and he'd just charge what he's paid by Lowe's and we could save the difference.
Can you give me the contact information of your installer?

Old 11-03-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
There are a lot of good discussions on kitchen cabinets in the House forun and subforums. There is a poster on there (desertsun41) with tons of experience and advice on how to get the best cabinets for less money.

Is desertsun41 still a member on CD? I don't see the member icon next to his name anymore (at least I didn't when I checked a couple of weeks ago). Desertsun41 has given great advice on cabinets, the issue is that he is not based in Austin ( I think he is located in Houston). I'll do another search on the House forum, to see if there is any discussion specific to Austin. The house forum tends to give good general advice. What I'm trying to find out is in Austin what are the discount cabinet places/builders?

Old 11-03-2009, 07:00 PM

1,774 posts, read 3,793,152 times
I recommend Cabinets Deluxe. They've done the last two houses we've lived in and done a nice job at a fair price. The cabinets in our current home are maple and we had them delivered unfinished. I wanted a light kitchen, so I just sanded and applied a clear satin polyurethane finish between sandings. Although after repeating that process several times it felt like I'd done acres of cabinets, they turned out well and it was worth the effort. Cabinets Deluxe then came out and installed them. I don't have a number, but think they're in the phone book or are searchable. They've been around for awhile.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:11 PM

56 posts, read 197,982 times
I have used Builders Products out of Raleigh with great success. They carry Merillat cabinets.

I would post a link to their site, but apparently new members aren't allowed to do that? (my other recomended contractor post have been deleted because I am new??)

Old 01-13-2010, 03:25 PM

1,930 posts, read 6,532,885 times
I got a great deal on cabinets at Home Depot. They are Thomasville. Trick is to get them when HD is running a Buy More Save More promo. I got about $4000 in cabinets for $2700 delivered.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:46 PM

1 posts, read 6,291 times
Direct by in Austin carries Bertch cabinets and I can't say enough about the beautiful finish and quality of the Bertch brand. Ben helped me and it was a very plesent purchase. I think the website is Welcome To The Official Web Site Of Bertch. Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin