Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2007, 08:44 PM

17 posts, read 92,973 times

Advertisements

I've recently relocated from the Seattle area to Round Rock and need recommendations for several professionals\services. I’d appreciate any recommendations, but the closer to RR or North Austin, the better.
  • Family doctor and pediatrician
  • Pediatric dentist
  • Adult dentist
  • OBGyn
  • Hair Stylist - cut & bleach highlights (preferably not over $125-150)--doesn't have to be fancy, just good and quick.
  • Kids haircuts
  • Dermatologist (for mole checks and other skin issues—not cosmetic surgery )
  • Psychiatrist
  • Therapist

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2007, 09:23 PM

212 posts, read 1,076,550 times
What part of Seattle? We're moving from Duvall to Round Rock in July. What was funny was a few weeks ago when we were house hunting there was a couple that was visiting the same homes the day before us (from Woodinville we were told) would be funny if that was you. Every development we saw we were told someone else from WA had just stopped in.

Anyways, interested in many of the same recommendations & orthodontist. Also my kids have crazy allergies, are there any health food stores in Round Rock like Whole Foods where we can find wheat free bread, goat milk, etc?

Our current neighbor here in Duvall is from Austin and gave us some recommendation - I'll have to post them when I find them.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:00 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,693,254 times
O.K, this will be sort of long. I got these off of my playgroup message board. It is a Hutto/RR group, so these should be relevent to you.

Adult Dentist Reccomendations:
1. Dr. Dyson Parmer Oaks Dental
2. Roup Dental on Louis Henna
3. Dr. Burnett/Dr. Graves Pecan St. in Pflugerville
4. Dr. Brandon Hall at Aspire Dental on w. parmer

Family Doctor:
1. ARC Hutto (Dr. Castillo)
2. Dr. Dayal (near RR hosp. on 620) also sees her kids

Pediatricians:
1. Dr. Berg (Georgetown)
2. Dr. Nancy Owens (ARC N. Mays)
3. Dr. Joseph Cohen (Cedar Park)
4. Another far one..Dr. Paige Sufferdini (far west/mopac)
5. Chisolm Trail Peds in Georgetown (Drs. Pickens and Ramsey):both my sister and neighbor use Ramsey and LOVE him!
6. Dr. Nancy Owens
7. Dr. Scranton (ARC RR)
8. Dr. Ferrell (ARC Hutto)
9. Ped. center of RR(Drs. Nitzia Cepeda, Katalenas, and Spencer). each of these listed a specialty of peds., like asthma, blood disorders, etc...

Pediatric Dentists:
1. Dr. Bert Vasut (Cedar Park)
2. Dr. Bain/Cr. Arzegar (small smiles on Heatherwilde)
3. Dr. Bookmeyer (620 near hospital)
4. Dr. Raymond (far off...Bee Caves&Mopac)

OBGyns:
1. Dr. Michelle Irvin
2. Dr. McIntrye
3. Dr. Margaret Thompson
4. Dr. McNelis
5. Dr. Maunder (my reco.)

Kids Haircuts:
1. Snip its (La Frontera)
2. Premier Cuts in H.E.B plus shopping center
3. Not Just Cuts in Hutto

As for therapist, what Kind? They actually had a thread, but I think its for physical or massage.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:07 AM

117 posts, read 538,138 times
This was an awesome post-very specific.
I'm printing it in case any of it might roll over to my areas, but:

Can I ask the same questions but we'll be west of Mo-pac?
We'll be in Lake Travis or Leander school district.

Thanks so much!

Old 05-14-2007, 01:13 PM

I bet I can post another thread there asking about more, in Austin, Dr.s. I'm sure other people will post too. There are some moms in the group who moved this way from inside Austin, so I'm sure have more recommendations.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:14 PM

Some of those Cedar Park doctors would, or should, be kind of close to you.

Old 05-14-2007, 03:03 PM

982 posts, read 3,307,120 times
Quote:
Anyways, interested in many of the same recommendations & orthodontist. Also my kids have crazy allergies, are there any health food stores in Round Rock like Whole Foods where we can find wheat free bread, goat milk, etc?
There isn't a Whole Foods or Central Market in Round Rock, but HEB can meet some of your needs. They have Ezekiel bread and cereals, kefir and goat's milk. If there's anything specific you're looking for, I'd be happy to check.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:18 PM

17 posts, read 92,973 times
Ganks,
Small world. We are from Duvall too (we are selling our house in Taylor's Ridge). We were probably one of those others from WA visiting some of the houses too. We were here a few weeks back for house hunting. I''m in my second week here for work and my family will be joining me in a couple of weeks. We are purchasing a home in Behren's Ranch that will be ready in July. Feel free to send me a PM and we can compare notes.

Thanks to everyone for the recommendations!

Old 07-08-2007, 10:17 AM

216 posts, read 996,204 times
Smile Did you?

[[*]Hair Stylist - cut & bleach highlights (preferably not over $125-150)--doesn't have to be fancy, just good and quick.

Did you ever get a recommendation in the roundrock area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin