Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 10:48 AM

110 posts, read 616,218 times

Advertisements

I am in Westlake and am wondering if there are any decent/affordable dry cleaners around.
I went to one on Bee Caves in the Randall's Shopping Center and was shocked at $8 for a sweater, and $3 to launder shirts. A woman's blouse is $6 or so.

Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 10:55 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,637,527 times
I know there is one at the corner of West Bank and Camp Croft rd, right by People's Pharmacy. No idea how much it costs, though.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:14 AM

264 posts, read 1,001,337 times
Look for Rick's Cleaners, you won't be disappointed! I know there's one in that new shopping center at 620 and 71. Just cross 71 from 620 and as soon as you enter that shopping center, take the 1st right and there's a Rick's Cleaners in there. $2.09 for Dry Cleaning or Laundry and you can print a coupon online at: Rick's Cleaners, Austin, Texas

I have been very satisfied with their service and prices!

Old 05-05-2008, 11:19 AM

5,867 posts, read 11,926,362 times
I second Rick's - been using them for years. There used to be one on Bee Caves in Westlake at Westwood Terr - near the Popeyes. I haven't been that way in awhile, you might call and see if they are still there: 327-6846

Old 05-05-2008, 11:26 AM

76 posts, read 424,037 times
Another vote for Rick's!

Old 05-05-2008, 11:37 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,879,750 times
We love Westbank cleaners -- there is one at 360 and Bee Caves (Village at Westlake), one at Bee Caves/Walsh Tarlton, and one in Davenport ranch. They are very friendly and customer-service oriented. As a new customer, they gave us the first service for free (and gave us a free umbrella!) ... dunno if they always do that, though. But they earned our business.

Previously we used Jack Brown, but the service/friendliness of the employees was much worse.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:25 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,017,187 times
I've had a few bad experiences with Westbank. Most recently, they lost a shirt of mine on a Tuesday. No big deal since they got it back Wednesday. Since it was folded instead of hung, they sent it back to get redone and Thursday at 6pm. No problem. Come Thursday, no shirt. Friday, no shirt. Saturday it'll be back by noon. Noon, no shirt. Worker was really obnoxious that I'd be a bit miffed that every single day they said the shirt was there and when I got there it wasn't. Finally, they delivered it to my house...but at 10pm.

Ricks is good but slow...2 day turn around on a couple of shirts. I usually just go to Jack Browns to get same day service and never had any problems.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:30 PM

61 posts, read 120,838 times
I found this thread several months ago, so I thought I would give Ricks cleaner a try despite bad reviews per Google.

They lost my Hugo Boss sweater several weeks ago. Luckily that day, I checked the items and let them know on the spot.

The thing that irritated me is not the lost itself, but the customer service.

The lady who works there (Ricks @ Burnett) gave me this rude attitude instead of being apologetic about it. It's unbelievable. A week went by, I got no phone call. I called them up, she was not there so the person told me that they would call me back. A week later, nothing. I had to stop by three times since the lost before I was offered to file a claim. The claim would take another three weeks.

During this whole episode, I have never received a single apology. Why is it so hard just to say, "I am sorry, we will investigate it"..yadda..yadda...yadda?

Anyway, I just want to share my experience with Ricks Cleaner at Burnett. Hopefully, my experience is an isolated incident (although if you google it, you will find that it is not.).

Needless to say, I am searching for another dry cleaning service.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:39 PM

1 posts, read 4,313 times
Check out Wash Day Laundry in Oak Hill on Hwy 71. Nice, new, clean and eco-friendly. Does pressing, wash & fold, pick up & delivery.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:33 PM

743 posts, read 1,372,240 times
Sorry, I would have to give Rick's a thumb's down.

They lost my clothes on two separate occasions and never found them. On top of it, they made ZERO effort to track them down. Each time I would call or stop by, someone would tell me that it was another employee's issue. No ownership of the problem whatsoever. I asked several times for management, left messages, etc, to no avail. No reimbursement...NOTHING. I will never go back.

I also found the customer service to be unfriendly (just like Blackfield mentioned).

I know they have cheap pricing, but for me, it was a "you get what you pay for" establishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin