Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 10:35 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,780,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Everytime I read "Junior Olympic pool" I want to puke. There is no such thing. It is builder-speak for the typical community pool, usually 25 yards in length, but sometimes smaller.

I know these aren't your words - they come from Canyon Creek - so my complaint is not at you.
I'm guessing that it's to indicate that it's "swim team" friendly....as opposed to a luxurious rounded pool.

I know there's a swim team...don't know anything about it though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 11:22 AM

308 posts, read 600,350 times
So many topics on this same question. Here, i'll help with your question:

//www.city-data.com/forum/austi...to_forumsearch

Old 12-17-2009, 04:19 PM

748 posts, read 1,771,281 times
Whatever.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:29 PM

372 posts, read 1,148,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Barton View Post
So many topics on this same question. Here, i'll help with your question:

//www.city-data.com/forum/austi...to_forumsearch
I don't like posts like these. People come on this forum to have a conversation with the locals. Sure you want to do due diligence and do your research but you also want to communicate with others who may have new insights on your topic.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:44 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,125,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankaupas View Post
I don't like posts like these. People come on this forum to have a conversation with the locals. Sure you want to do due diligence and do your research but you also want to communicate with others who may have new insights on your topic.
hah no kidding, why bother to be on the forum if you dont want to help people with their questions.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:11 AM

Whew, thanks for all the suggestions. I spent a LOT of time yesterday plugging in every neighborhood you guys mentioned. I have about 55 listings saved at Realtor.com. I used a combination of austinhomelistings.com, austinehomesearch.com, realtor.com, Google Earth and Google Maps to try to put all the pieces together.

I contacted my agent down there and she said to stop stressing.
She said once she drives us around to the different areas, our gut feeling will help us out.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:17 AM

2,627 posts, read 6,573,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobosCurse View Post
used a combination of austinhomelistings.com, austinehomesearch.com, realtor.com, Google Earth and Google Maps to try to put all the pieces together.
As far as the actual listings go, I would only trust the ones that you pulled from austinhomesearch.com. The ones that you found on realtor.com and that other site might not really be available. If it's not currently listed on austinhomesearch, I wouldn't get your hopes up about it. It could be that it's too new (listed in the last couple days) and it just hasn't appeared on austinhomesearch yet, but it could also have been sold for months and that's the reason it isn't on austinhomesearch.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:34 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,395,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobosCurse View Post
I contacted my agent down there and she said to stop stressing.
She said once she drives us around to the different areas, our gut feeling will help us out.
And, she's right!

Old 12-18-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark311 View Post
The ones that you found on realtor.com and that other site might not really be available.
My experience from the past 6 months is that houses down there are selling so quickly, most likely none of today's listings will be available two weeks from now.

But I can use them to give the agent good ideas about what we want and don't want.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:38 AM

587 posts, read 1,420,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark311 View Post
As far as the actual listings go, I would only trust the ones that you pulled from austinhomesearch.com. The ones that you found on realtor.com and that other site might not really be available. If it's not currently listed on austinhomesearch, I wouldn't get your hopes up about it. It could be that it's too new (listed in the last couple days) and it just hasn't appeared on austinhomesearch yet, but it could also have been sold for months and that's the reason it isn't on austinhomesearch.
Aren't the listings on Realtor.com pulled/linked directly from your local MLS site?

That being said, I have found that if I look up the same house on Realtor.com and austinhomesearch, there are generally going to be more pictures on austinhomesearch, but more actual home information on Realtor.com. Plus, austinhomesearch has better search parameters (the site just rocks!), but Realtor.com lets you log in and save your listings for future reference. So I search with austinhomesearch and then use the MLS# from that listing to find the listing on Realtor.com and save the listing.

Happy hunting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin