Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 11:32 AM

1 posts, read 11,220 times

Advertisements

Hello!

My wife and I currently live in Round Rock and are considering purchasing a new home in the area. There's a new development called "Legends Village" that would be very convenient to both our jobs, with homes being built by KB and Buffington.

There are some rather polarizing opinions of KB on this and other forums, but I haven't heard a lot about Buffington.

Suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 11:54 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,801,403 times
Most people don't talk much about builders when they have a great experience. They really like to bash them when they have a bad experience. This would be why you've read so much about KB verse Buffington...

Old 01-29-2010, 12:05 PM

372 posts, read 1,148,743 times
I saw that neighborhood being built but I have not checked it out yet. You will have a great view of the Friday night Fireworks at the Dell Diamond from your backyard if you move to this neighborhood. As for Buffington Classic Homes. They are generally regarded as a good builder. The Better Business Bureau has them rated as a B+ with no complaints in the last 36 months.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:11 PM

426 posts, read 1,673,345 times
I live in the Chandler Creek part that is attached to Legends Village, drive through it daily, run through it quite often. The KB and buffington houses look fairly similar. I have not been inside either (in this neighborhood) but I think I personally like the looks of the Buffington ones slightly better.

The Buffington and KB houses are split from each other (roads do not connect to each other) and I think the Buffington ones have a small little pool - I don't know if KB has access to it... not sure if there is a Legends Village HOA. There is TONS of room in that area for more neighborhood development. I think the KB area currently being built is fairly built out while the Buffington area has room for many many more houses. Maybe KB will expand into the other sections once completely they're part is completely built out.

If you have kiddos, it's within walking distance to an elementary school all of the parents around us love and the neighborhood is quite safe with very good WilCo Sheriff response time and the RRFD being RIGHT THERE. My wife and I, among others, often run/walk the neighborhoods at night/in the morning feeling safe.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:27 PM

8 posts, read 36,279 times
Default KB vs Buffington

I think that both KB and Buffington can build quality homes. However, KB has a history of building very large homes for very low prices. In my experience, many KB neighborhood have had high foreclosure rates, but I believe that this was because they sold many homes with no money down. Since those types of loans are no longer available and Legends Village is a relatively new neighborhood, that should not be a problem there. In my experience, Legends Village has had a relatively low foreclosure rate so far. High foreclosure rates in a neighborhood will bring property values down, which is of course, something you want to avoid.

Walt

Old 03-25-2010, 02:15 PM

1 posts, read 10,989 times
I live here and we have toured both of the new builders in the neighborhood - kb was surprisingly nice as we were chagrined to see them move in. We really liked their models and think the homes look nice...

Old 09-26-2011, 09:47 AM

1 posts, read 9,925 times
I live in Legend's Village on Regency Lane. Do not I repeat do not buy a KB home. I have personally watched them put up the homes and they have yet to follow the HOA standards of the home building. The homes are put very quick and very cheaply. So far the homes that have been up for less than a year are already cracking and the paint is fading badly. As far as a pool. We have one that serves the whole neighborhood even the new phase across the street. According to our horrible HOA, they will not build another one. They feel this pool is big enough to serve all. They are wrong!! Good luck. Go with a Buffington home they are built beautifully and with great standards. We plan on leaving the neighborhood because KB has brought the home values done of the Taylor Morrison, Buffington and the other builder in the area by more than $40,000. We will be lucky to sell our house. I am truly concerned because KB homes will turn to crap within 2 years time and then we will never be able to sell but maybe to UglyHomes.com

Old 09-26-2011, 03:39 PM

363 posts, read 988,522 times
Got an old family friend who works for KB. He tells me their motto is "building tomorrows ghettos today". KB does have some nice floor plans and good pricing per sq foot, but find about a 5-10 year old KB built neighborhood and look how it turned out.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:56 AM

1 posts, read 9,165 times
I have read many negative comments regarding KB homes but so far I have been very pleased with our home. I too have watched the homes being built in the area, but since I am not an [FONT=Times New Roman]Architect, nor construction boss I do not know enough about construction standards to make a comment. What I will say is I have been thrilled with my home. No problems with paint, constuction work, and I have had an independent home inspector check my home and it meets all codes and standards. [/FONT]

Old 05-24-2012, 09:52 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,544,472 times
Normally I wouldn't chime in on a thread this old; but it would be interesting to hear from some of the early buyers in this neighborhood. Given all the 'stuff' of the past three years or so, I can imagine some newer developments have suffered while others have held their ground. I'm not familiar with the OP neighborhood and have never heard of Buffington builders. Looks like they have homes spread around the Austin area, but it's not a familiar name to me(not that I'm in the business nor am I looking for a new home). Might be informative to get some follow-up responses from some of the early buyers and/or contributors to this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin