Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 08:38 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,022,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
but something is broken somewhere in this school.
According to one, over-the-top account...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 08:48 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,441,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post

Thanks for that pompous response. You assume you know me and what I was thinking.
I don't doubt the educators care for every one of their kids, but something is broken somewhere in this school.

I hope the parents of next kid who takes the place of the OPs niece raises enough hell to get answers and action.
You are right, I don't know you. However, when you make a blanket statement such as, "Perhaps they don't want white kids there," I am not going to sit idle without commenting. When you say that, you are not referring to "one of their kids," but the majority of their population, thus inferring the staff at the school discriminates against most of their kids.

However, I hope the young girl and her family finds a school they feel safe at and provides a stimulating environment where she will grow to be a socially conscious adult that does not use such blanket statements.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:36 PM

5 posts, read 24,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermont08 View Post
I wanted to post an update on here. My brother had moved down to Hutto about a year ago with his 4 children and had been trying to get us to move there to be close by. (which is why I started this tread) I wanted to let people know about what is going on now. Their oldest child was due to start K this year so they enrolled her and her first day was a few weeks ago. They are now already planning on pulling her out of school and are trying to somehow get her into a charter school and if not will just end up homeschooling her till they can move to a school zone.

So far in just a few weeks they have found out that she is the only English speaking student in her class, other students in her class are being mean to her and telling her they are going to "cut" (stab) her and these are only 5 yr old kids saying this!!!, the class working on just teaching Spanish to English abc's, kids are telling her how ugly babies are thrown away in trash cans in bathrooms and asked her if her parents found her in the trash can...(we think she is getting this one a lot because she is the only light haired blue eyed student in her class) They tried talking with the school and were told basically to try and get her into a charter school and they even gave them a list of names and numbers for charter and private schools in the area.

My brother was not aware that you could go online and look up any school in any state and find out its test scores, rating based on a 1-10, class size, and how it is doing with federal standards. I encourage anyone on here who has children and already live in Hutto or are thinking of moving there to save money to please look up this info before buying a home out there. We found out that the school that my niece got enrolled is rated academically unacceptable by Texas standards and that her class has 25 students with only 2 teachers in it.
uhmmm...
Would you invade Hong Kong and 150 years later ask the original chinese people to change their look?

Old 09-23-2007, 10:46 PM

575 posts, read 2,489,337 times
Pretty scary stuff, may want to check it out to insure you make informed choices. (http://www.searchhutto.com/huttoparke/index.html - broken link)

Old 09-24-2007, 01:22 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,591,787 times
Lennar was the only builder in Hutto to have this problem with it's construction. Don't just look at this one article and judge every neighborhood here by that one. Hutto Parke is probably the plainest, basic neighborhood in Hutto. Lennar homes by no means only had problems in Hutto. The problems were also in Round Rock. I personally know 3 families that live there, 1 of whom was affected by the problems, and 2 who are ready to leave the neighborhood for another one. Of course, they will be staying in Hutto, but just not in that neighborhood. One builder I'm surprised hasn't had massive problems would be D.R Horton. They build way too fast, and have put up the most boring starter homes in the back of our neighborhood. Some residents complained about it and they told us to take it up with D.R Horton.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,738 times
Hi, I'm the owner of "scary stuff", I can tell you that the problems are wider than you think but to date I have personal knowledge of Legends of Hutto, HuttoParke, and 2 homes reported by one resident in Huttohighlands that are having problems. "YES THESE ARE ALL LENNAR SUBDIVISIONS" HuttoHighlands had their grand opening this weekend and while they have only sold very few homes in that neighborhood the problems seem to be consistant across their product line in my opinion. Which is one of the reasons we were picketing this weekend.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:25 PM

575 posts, read 2,489,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Lennar was the only builder in Hutto to have this problem with it's construction. Don't just look at this one article and judge every neighborhood here by that one. Hutto Parke is probably the plainest, basic neighborhood in Hutto. Lennar homes by no means only had problems in Hutto. The problems were also in Round Rock. I personally know 3 families that live there, 1 of whom was affected by the problems, and 2 who are ready to leave the neighborhood for another one. Of course, they will be staying in Hutto, but just not in that neighborhood. One builder I'm surprised hasn't had massive problems would be D.R Horton. They build way too fast, and have put up the most boring starter homes in the back of our neighborhood. Some residents complained about it and they told us to take it up with D.R Horton.
I agree, and I believe a "reasonable person" would understand that the link was specific to a single builder. I really wanted to be generic as possible so not to create the wrong impression. I suspect someone who reads the site will make an "informed choice."

Old 09-24-2007, 11:10 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,596,717 times
Great site: Homeowners Against Deficient Dwellings

Old 11-06-2007, 07:16 PM

225 posts, read 848,336 times
Default How Odd Is This???

Employee of homebuilder cited for peeping in Hutto (broken link)

Old 11-06-2007, 08:32 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,591,787 times
So that's what my husband was talking about this evening. Yes, it's very creepy! Peepers could have other alterier motives, which scares me. My sister lives in that neighborhood, but I'm certain he could be doing this in other neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin