U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 02:17 PM

164 posts, read 282,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by llkltk View Post
Despite the fact that some of you agree with his rantings, this in no way justifies killing yourself or trying to harm others. To me, he wasted his life. Nothing in this world could ever make me do that to myself or others. Plain and simple, he needed therapy, was deluded and out of control.

Please do not post the manifesto anymore, this man deserves no fame for the sickness that he did.
do you really believe it would be healthier for the american public to NOT understand the man's motives? the truth cannot be blinded by censorship.
Rate this post positively

Old 02-18-2010, 02:21 PM

15,556 posts, read 21,563,535 times
Please pray for his wife and daughter. In addition to the public loss of their husband/father and home, the wife is now left to deal with the IRS, both for the original problem and whatever action they may take as a result of this morning's events.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:23 PM

587 posts, read 1,351,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankaupas View Post
It's still up in the statesman blogs: Austin news, sports, weather, Longhorns, business | Statesman.com

And if you really want to find it, it was probably copied thousands of times and is available in mass on the interweb.
Thanks I copied it from the moment I first saw it Knew it would be taken down.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:24 PM

522 posts, read 1,295,532 times
I don't know if he was planning to take other people's life, but I guess when you fly into a government building it's to be expected.
Like he said in his letter, he's not the first or last to take his own life. We just don't hear about it as much as we should, so I'm guessing he thought this would be a way to bring attention to what is going on. I don't agree with his method but I see how he thought he had no other choice when he's tried writing and talking to our government officials already.

Just because I agree with a lot of what he said, doesn't mean I condone killing innocent people.

I'm pretty sure he's been on the other end looking at others saying the same thing, "I would never take my own life." How do you really know you wouldn't until you've been pushed so far you can't be pushed any more?

Old 02-18-2010, 02:27 PM

587 posts, read 1,279,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutely View Post
do you really believe it would be healthier for the american public to NOT understand the man's motives? the truth cannot be blinded by censorship.
I agree with this 100%. What he did is awful, no question, but I also believe that many people agree with a lot of what he said and hiding it from the public doesn't do any good either.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:32 PM

101 posts, read 273,110 times
I understand the man's frustration. The IRS is the fed govt's way of controlling our money. If there was a "fair tax" system in place, they COULDN'T audit people, freeze your accounts because they are suspicious of you, and make you pay them back taxes with an interest rate that's insane. I have never been audited by the IRS, luckily, but I know many honest people who have been.

What I don't understand is why this man would leave his WIFE and DAUGHTER without a husband/father. That's selfish to leave behind your wife and daughter. WRONG. Also, trying to hurt others by running your plane into a building is wrong too, but, as he said, the government doesn't listen without a body count. Our government was proven this over the past 10+ years. They don't give a darn about us until we get hostile. Oh well ... I pray for his wife and daughter. They were the biggest victims in this situation.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:33 PM

164 posts, read 282,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoroughly modern millie View Post
Ain't that the truth...what is really p*****g me off is that this dumbass reporter keeps refering to him as deranged, a crackpot and mentally ill. The man just had enough...just a shame he had to invlove innocent people.

However being the cockroaches the goverment are, they don't want the masses to read his words. Funny, they forgot to take this page down www.embeddedart.com/home.htm
actually, the "home.htm" page is down as well. it contained his actual address and phone number, so it's understandable they would censor this particular bit of information.

however, it is entirely suspicious that his manifesto was taken down 3 hours after the event due to "sensitive material". there have been suicide letters from certifiably deranged individuals that have been left online for years, never having been taking down by the isp after the crimes were committed. but a letter containing certain anti-captitalist/organized religion/corporate greed beliefs that potentially millions could read is promptly removed from public view?

Moderator cut: language
at this point in our american history, you would have to be a moron to actually take anything the media has to say, seriously. they're simply exploiting the fiasco for competitive ratings. to come to a rational and conclusive understanding of joe stack's motives by actually reading the manifesto and forming your own opinion, would be FAR too intellectual for the american public. instead, the majority has their eyes fixated on the tv and news sites as we speak, allowing the press to cram biased and arrogant assessments down their throats.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:34 PM

587 posts, read 1,351,676 times
Five years ago Joseph Duncan a pedophile, brutally murdered I believe 7 people and kidnapped two young children. He murdered one of them before he was caught. I'm sue y'all remember the story. To this day his dispicable blog is still up. Don't see the FBI that was involved in his hunt pulling it down.

Last edited by Crystal is a mess; 02-18-2010 at 03:00 PM..

Old 02-18-2010, 02:38 PM

2,628 posts, read 5,393,323 times
This is so sad. My prayers are going out to those who are hurt/injured...what is wrong w/ some people??

Old 02-18-2010, 02:43 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,597,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankaupas View Post
The FBI office was in the same complex. So it seemed like a good guess with the lack of any other information.

Then post is as a guess, not as a fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin