Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 11:29 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,044,257 times

Advertisements

You know, when I see stuff like this happening it just makes my blood boil.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:31 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,186,979 times
He apparently left a suicide note/manifesto on his website:

Well Mr. Big Brother IRS man... take my pound of flesh and sleep well.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:38 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
FOX is reporting they launched F-16s from Houston. That makes no sense at all. We have quite a few F-16s right here in SA and we're a lot closer.
I'm pretty sure the F-16's are no longer in Houston... They used to fly over my house 2 or 3 times a week and they no longer do...I think they moved out of Houston over a year ago.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:47 AM

7,228 posts, read 16,095,392 times
Jenn, I'm reading it on the "business insider journal"

This paragraph sounds like some of us here on C-D!! It gives me the shivers.

By this time, I’m thinking that it might be good for a change. Bye to California, I’ll try Austin for a while. So I moved, only to find out that this is a place with a highly inflated sense of self-importance and where damn little real engineering work is done. I’ve never experienced such a hard time finding work. The rates are 1/3 of what I was earning before the crash, because pay rates here are fixed by the three or four large companies in the area who are in collusion to drive down prices and wages… and this happens because the justice department is all on the take and doesn’t give a f* about serving anyone or anything but themselves and their rich buddies.

I added the * to f* otherwise it comes from here:

The Manifesto Of Austin Texas Crash Pilot Joseph Andrew Stack

I read further and he mentions a wife, I hope she is safe somewhere and not in that house!

Old 02-18-2010, 11:51 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,330,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by centralaustinite View Post
Jenn, I'm reading it on the "business insider journal"

This paragraph sounds like some of us here on C-D!! It gives me the shivers.

By this time, I’m thinking that it might be good for a change. Bye to California, I’ll try Austin for a while. So I moved, only to find out that this is a place with a highly inflated sense of self-importance and where damn little real engineering work is done. I’ve never experienced such a hard time finding work. The rates are 1/3 of what I was earning before the crash, because pay rates here are fixed by the three or four large companies in the area who are in collusion to drive down prices and wages… and this happens because the justice department is all on the take and doesn’t give a f* about serving anyone or anything but themselves and their rich buddies.

I added the * to f* otherwise it comes from here:

The Manifesto Of Austin Texas Crash Pilot Joseph Andrew Stack

The first thing I thought when I read the apparent suicide note was: Wow, this could definitely be a few of the posters on C-D.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:51 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,949 times
Austin Police Chief warns media not to report Rumors...

States plane crash is a isolated incident; when questioned on how he knew it was an I.I., Chief says ...Take my word for it.

Austin R.F.D.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:52 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Here it is from his web site..

Well Mr. Big Brother IRS man... take my pound of flesh and sleep well.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:53 AM

101 posts, read 297,532 times
His manifesto:

Quote:
We are all taught as children that without laws there would be no society, only anarchy. Sadly, starting at early ages we in this country have been brainwashed to believe that, in return for our dedication and service, our government stands for justice for all. We are further brainwashed to believe that there is freedom in this place, and that we should be ready to lay our lives down for the noble principals represented by its founding fathers. Remember? One of these was “no taxation without representation”. I have spent the total years of my adulthood unlearning that crap from only a few years of my childhood. These days anyone who really stands up for that principal is promptly labeled a “crackpot”, traitor and worse.

While very few working people would say they haven’t had their fair share of taxes (as can I), in my lifetime I can say with a great degree of certainty that there has never been a politician cast a vote on any matter with the likes of me or my interests in mind. Nor, for that matter, are they the least bit interested in me or anything I have to say.

Why is it that a handful of thugs and plunderers can commit unthinkable atrocities (and in the case of the GM executives, for scores of years) and when it’s time for their gravy train to crash under the weight of their gluttony and overwhelming stupidity, the force of the full federal government has no difficulty coming to their aid within days if not hours? Yet at the same time, the joke we call the American medical system, including the drug and insurance companies, are murdering tens of thousands of people a year and stealing from the corpses and victims they cripple, and this country’s leaders don’t see this as important as bailing out a few of their vile, rich cronies. Yet, the political “representatives” (thieves, liars, and self-serving scumbags is far more accurate) have endless time to sit around for year after year and debate the state of the “terrible health care problem”. It’s clear they see no crisis as long as the dead people don’t get in the way of their corporate profits rolling in.

And justice? You’ve got to be kidding!

How can any rational individual explain that white elephant conundrum in the middle of our tax system and, indeed, our entire legal system? Here we have a system that is, by far, too complicated for the brightest of the master scholars to understand. Yet, it mercilessly “holds accountable” its victims, claiming that they’re responsible for fully complying with laws not even the experts understand. The law “requires” a signature on the bottom of a tax filing; yet no one can say truthfully that they understand what they are signing; if that’s not “duress” than what is. If this is not the measure of a totalitarian regime, nothing is.

How did I get here?

My introduction to the real American nightmare starts back in the early ‘80s. Unfortunately after more than 16 years of school, somewhere along the line I picked up the absurd, pompous notion that I could read and understand plain English. Some friends introduced me to a group of people who were having ‘tax code’ readings and discussions. In particular, zeroed in on a section relating to the wonderful “exemptions” that make institutions like the vulgar, corrupt Catholic Church so incredibly wealthy. We carefully studied the law (with the help of some of the “best”, high-paid, experienced tax lawyers in the business), and then began to do exactly what the “big boys” were doing (except that we weren’t steeling from our congregation or lying to the government about our massive profits in the name of God). We took a great deal of care to make it all visible, following all of the rules, exactly the way the law said it was to be done.

The intent of this exercise and our efforts was to bring about a much-needed re-evaluation of the laws that allow the monsters of organized religion to make such a mockery of people who earn an honest living. However, this is where I learned that there are two “interpretations” for every law; one for the very rich, and one for the rest of us… Oh, and the monsters are the very ones making and enforcing the laws; the inquisition is still alive and well today in this country.

That little lesson in patriotism cost me $40,000+, 10 years of my life, and set my retirement plans back to 0. It made me realize for the first time that I live in a country with an ideology that is based on a total and complete lie. It also made me realize, not only how naive I had been, but also the incredible stupidity of the American public; that they buy, hook, line, and sinker, the crap about their “freedom”… and that they continue to do so with eyes closed in the face of overwhelming evidence and all that keeps happening in front of them.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:55 AM

426 posts, read 1,673,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by centralaustinite View Post
I read further and he mentions a wife, I hope she is safe somewhere and not in that house!
She and kid both supposedly were rescued from the house.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:56 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpurcell View Post
FBI field office. Not likely an accident.

This is EXACTLY how false rumors get started. Someone hears a something and then posts it having no idea whether its true or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin