U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 11:59 AM

6,882 posts, read 19,151,660 times

Advertisements

I read the suicide note...very sad...but frankly, I'm quite empathetic. Many of the things he said were right on, and he seemed to be quite lucid and sane in his words. Unfortunately, he took the wrong action...how much he could have done in other ways...good ways, positive ways! Just horrible.

"I remember reading about the stock market crash before the “great” depression and how there were wealthy bankers and businessmen jumping out of windows when they realized they screwed up and lost everything. Isn’t it ironic how far we’ve come in 60 years in this country that they now know how to fix that little economic problem; they just steal from the middle class (who doesn’t have any say in it, elections are a joke) to cover their asses and it’s “business-as-usual”. Now when the wealthy **** up, the poor get to die for the mistakes… isn’t that a clever, tidy solution."

BTW, the F-16s were sent from Ellington Field in Houston...confirmed by FOX.
Rate this post positively

Old 02-18-2010, 12:00 PM

48,507 posts, read 90,432,002 times
But it seems from reports that this is the case.This is a forum and not a news report oir police investigation.Its a discussion plan and simple.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:01 PM

2,793 posts, read 5,547,913 times
Well, after reading the ridiculous manifesto he wrote, I can now attest that my IQ has dropped a full 5 points.

Thank you, Mr. Tempertantrum, for stating the obvious.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:06 PM

421 posts, read 1,268,769 times
well the website belongs to this guy

http://www.networksolutions.com/whoi...mbeddedart.com

Seems like its all pretty legit.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:09 PM

4,146 posts, read 9,826,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
He apparently left a suicide note/manifesto on his website:

Well Mr. Big Brother IRS man... take my pound of flesh and sleep well.
After reading the note (if this IS in fact from him), I've got no sympathy for him. Yeah, the tax system is broken, but this is nothing but the pathetic rantings of a lunatic trying to blame someone else for his failures.

The writer of this is a coward and what's worse, a selfish one. Attempting to take the lives of innocent workers and leaving a wife and daughter to clean up his mess is a cowardly way out.

Pathetic.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:11 PM

2,793 posts, read 5,547,913 times
Pathetic, yes. I wonder how having your own plane would be considered "struggling"?

Maybe they were about to repo it, so he figured what the hey.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:12 PM

8,399 posts, read 21,418,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
FOX is reporting they launched F-16s from Houston. That makes no sense at all. We have quite a few F-16s right here in SA and we're a lot closer.
RD

I heard on the news that the Vipers were from Dallas, so don't expect them to get any information right, especially this early in the game...

Anyhow, the 111th Fighter Squadron in Houston coverted from F-16s to MQ-1 Predators in June 2008, so it couldn't have been them.

The F-16 unit in SA (182 FS of the 149 FW) primarily has a training mission, and therefore may not have any alert birds available to fly a CAP; but I don't know where else they could have come from as the 149th is the only fighter unit left in the TXANG!

Cheers! M2

Old 02-18-2010, 12:15 PM

14,637 posts, read 32,819,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
Pathetic, yes. I wonder how having your own plane would be considered "struggling"?

Maybe they were about to repo it, so he figured what the hey.
I thought the plane was stolen?

Old 02-18-2010, 12:17 PM

779 posts, read 1,535,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
After reading the note (if this IS in fact from him), I've got no sympathy for him. Yeah, the tax system is broken, but this is nothing but the pathetic rantings of a lunatic trying to blame someone else for his failures.

The writer of this is a coward and what's worse, a selfish one. Attempting to take the lives of innocent workers and leaving a wife and daughter to clean up his mess is a cowardly way out.

Pathetic.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Agreed! And if you're going to write a suicide note and expect people to listen....at least hit that little "spell check" button.

"except that we weren’t steeling from our congregation"
"I was loosing income that I couldn’t bill clients"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"that I inherited the fascination for creative problem solving from my father"....(well what you did was not a solution...!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am finally ready to stop this insanity" (well then take it out on yourself, and leave the innocents alone!)

ok, just my two cents. poor decisions in life....we all suffer the same burdens, yet none of us are doing what he did.

good lunch reading material though.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:18 PM
RGJ

1,902 posts, read 4,321,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I thought the plane was stolen?
That was the original story, now it's being said it was his plane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin