Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 12:21 PM

163 posts, read 318,672 times

Advertisements

this is really sad, but i found underlying data on embeddedart.com that confirms that the website was created from the pilot, joe stack. i'm actually unsure if anyone has even found this yet. it doesn't detail anything related to the incident, but does exhibit his personal and business life.

visit - http://embeddedart.com/home.htm

Old 02-18-2010, 12:23 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
That was the original story, now it's being said it was his plane
Oh, OK. Yeah, let me "struggle" with owning my own airplane. Pathetic is right.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:24 PM

7,228 posts, read 16,103,544 times
The Business Insider link I posted also contains that direct link, I read the whole thing on both sites. Spooky. I pretty much read Austin blogs and economic blogs all day and I wish he didn't sound so familiar.

So much money trouble yet he never thought to sell his plane? How much does it cost simply to have a place to keep it?!

Old 02-18-2010, 12:24 PM

1,430 posts, read 2,376,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
This is EXACTLY how false rumors get started. Someone hears a something and then posts it having no idea whether its true or not.
Please. I verified that, yes, there was an FBI field office in that complex before posting.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:26 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,899,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by centralaustinite View Post
Just go to Twitter and search for Austin.

I wonder if the pilot was subject to an IRS investigation that used that building as an address? It is odd because that place is not what most in town associate with the IRS, our returns (and those in a 3-5 state region) go to the big complex at Ben White and I-35 (and which was a domestic terror target on McVeigh's list back in the 90s)

From what I've read, that building was used by the auditing department of the IRS:

"The IRS Web site said an office of its EP Team Audit Program is located in the building where the plane crashed. The group, known as EPTA, examines employee benefit plans with 2,500 or more participants, according to the Web site."

The Associated Press: Officials investigating Texas crash as a crime

Now, from what I'm reading, the IRS looks like it was a deliberate target. Regardless, I can't help thinking that this will SEVERELY disrupt whatever it was that the IRS was doing there. When I worked at the Ben White building (2008) almost everything was still paper...OMG.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:26 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
After reading the note (if this IS in fact from him), I've got no sympathy for him. Yeah, the tax system is broken, but this is nothing but the pathetic rantings of a lunatic trying to blame someone else for his failures.

The writer of this is a coward and what's worse, a selfish one. Attempting to take the lives of innocent workers and leaving a wife and daughter to clean up his mess is a cowardly way out.

Pathetic.
It has been confirmed that it is his note.

Note I didn't say "sympathy", I said "empathy" (if you are referring to my post, not sure if you are). I wouldn't call his letter "pathetic rantings of a lunatic", because he definitely had put some thought and time into his letter; however, I agree with you that he did seem to put the blame on everyone but himself. Not hard to see why, just ask any small business owner what their biggest obstacle to growth is...it's not themselves...but I digress. The bottom line is, he obviously snapped and what he did was horrible...thank God it seems he didn't kill anyone but himself.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:30 PM

163 posts, read 318,672 times
Quote:
The Business Insider link I posted also contains that direct link, I read the whole thing on both sites. Spooky. I pretty much read Austin blogs and economic blogs all day and I wish he didn't sound so familiar.

So much money trouble yet he never thought to sell his plane? How much does it cost simply to have a place to keep it?!
actually go to embeddedart.com/home.htm with the "home.htm" addition. it is his company profile. he seemed to be a very intelligent and capable software engineer.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:33 PM

587 posts, read 1,466,850 times
Quote:
ugh! Apparently the pilot stole the plane from the Georgetown airport! Why does it feel so much worse to know that this guy was "one of us" someone from the Austin area, somehow, even the earlier report that the flight started in Waco felt "better" somehow. Dang!

CNN reports:
The FAA said the plane departed Georgetown Municipal Airport, north of Austin, about 9:40 a.m., and that the pilot did not file a flight plan.
The Police chief or whoever confirmed the plane was not stolen.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:35 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,427,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
It has been confirmed that it is his note.

Note I didn't say "sympathy", I said "empathy" (if you are referring to my post, not sure if you are). I wouldn't call his letter "pathetic rantings of a lunatic", because he definitely had put some thought and time into his letter; however, I agree with you that he did seem to put the blame on everyone but himself. Not hard to see why, just ask any small business owner what their biggest obstacle to growth is...it's not themselves...but I digress. The bottom line is, he obviously snapped and what he did was horrible...thank God it seems he didn't kill anyone but himself.
Wasn't referring to your post. Just have no sympathy for him.

And we'll have to disagree on the letter....it was pathetic and anyone that would do what he did is a lunatic.

I've got my own business and am pulling my stuff together for taxes, so I know the routine pretty well.

Well thought out letter or not, it's pathetic and I've got NO sympathy for him. He's a coward and died like one.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:35 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpurcell View Post
Please. I verified that, yes, there was an FBI field office in that complex before posting.

Please. Now you're back pedaling. There was no FBI office in the BUILDING that was hit. Please don't post false rumors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin