Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 04:45 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,110,291 times

Advertisements

All these idiots who think they're being so oppressed by the government need to be shipped off to North Korea.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:49 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTraveler View Post
There are a whole lot of people out there who think this idiot is now a hero. Just go to Facebook and search for Joe Stack. It's totally disgusting.
Are you serious?? they think he is a hero...So sad...Well folks he met with his Maker today who is far greater than the IRS and he will ultimately receive judgement from the creator---No need to waste time worrying about that jackass anymore... He looked like he had issues based on the pic someone posted

Old 02-18-2010, 04:52 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,058,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Are you serious?? they think he is a hero...So sad...Well folks he met with his Maker today who is far greater than the IRS and he will ultimately receive judgement from the creator---No need to waste time worrying about that jackass anymore... He looked like he had issues based on the pic someone posted
How can a picture of a guy playing a guitar indicate he had issues?

Old 02-18-2010, 04:57 PM

587 posts, read 1,466,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Who says there is a creator greater than the IRS? Do tell why he looked like he had issues.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:04 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,051 times
Oh Yes there is a Higher Power greater than the IRS no doubt,Higher than the US government or any government for that matter, Higher than the world and we will all get our chance to meet with our Creator.

Yes it is very evident he had issues. You have to be able to look beyond the physical...everyone possess a certain je ne se quais....an auroa if you will. He looked off...it is very very apparent.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:16 PM

629 posts, read 1,653,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoroughly modern millie View Post
Well I do believe Stack touched on such people in his missive.
You are WAY out of line, in nearly everything you have posted in this thread. You're basically cheerleading for this sick idiot who flew his plane into an occupied office building.

There is nothing else to "understand" in his sick twisted mind other than he thought he was justified in flying his plane into an occupied office building.

There is NO excuse. And anyone who thinks this guy is anything other than the antithesis of a "hero" needs to be seriously analyzed by law enforcement officials, for the safety and welfare of the American public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llkltk View Post
He wasn't driven by anything, he was deluded.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
I'm reading conflicting info as well. (family rescured....or family spent the night elsewhere)

There's a difference between burning an empty house (that the IRS is going to take) & starting a fire with people (loved ones) inside.
Um...he flew his plane into an occupied office building. I don't think any "difference" you somehow find in burning down his house with or without occupants matters since he obviously has NO respect for human life. There's nothing else to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llkltk View Post
Accurate assessment? The guy failed to pay taxes from 1996-2002. He tried to rip the gov't, and the IRS didn't like that. He is not innocent by any means!!!!!
No, he isn't. Far far from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
I'd say that's pretty accurate - the name calling is a little over the top, but he's right about how the federal government will jump in and save the powerful but let the less powerful sink.
I like how this guy tried to kill innocent civilians in the exact same method used by al Qaeda, and you think the 'name-calling' in this madman's ramblings is "a little over the top."

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Did anyone but Stack die? I keep reading comments about innocent people dying?
After Stack's obvious intentions, does it really matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERiv View Post
Wow. A lot of you are treating a nutjob who thought nothing of trying to kill innocent lives as a the one in the "right" in this situation because "taxes are bad"?

It doesn't matter what the hell the guy thought. Right or wrong. The fact that he tried to kill dozens of innocent people to prove a point makes him a homicidal maniac. A pariah to society.

Don't try to justify his reasons. His actions are what matter, and they were f'd up.

Life's f'd up. We all know tax sucks, but it pays for the society we live in. There isn't one aspect of your life that tax payers didn't in some way help or contribute in. Not one. Taxes suck, but you should be proud as an American that your taxes are put to use making your life safe and livable.

It isn't fair? So, what exactly is fair in life? Go cry me a river. Sheesh!

Also, don't you realize you're basically encouraging this type of action? You are encouraging this type of behaviour by doing exactly what the nutjob wanted: calling attention to his cause.

You know who else does that? Suicide bombers. Good job proving that doing what they do works!
Exactly.

I honestly can't believe some people's seemingly friendly attitude and acceptance towards this nutjob and his thoughts, behavior, and actions. It disgusts me.

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 02-18-2010 at 06:23 PM..

Old 02-18-2010, 05:25 PM

587 posts, read 1,466,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesonofgray View Post
You are WAY out of line, in nearly everything you have posted in this thread. You're basically cheerleading for this sick idiot who flew his plane into an occupied office building.

There is nothing else to "understand" in his sick twisted mind other than he thought he was justified in flying his plane into an occupied office building.

There is NO excuse. And anyone who thinks this guy is anything other than the antithesis of a "hero" needs to be seriously analyzed by law enforcement officials, for the safety and welfare of the American public.
Well lucky for me I live in Europe not that the thieving scumbag government here is any different.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoroughly modern millie View Post
Well lucky for me I live in Europe not that the thieving scumbag government here is any different.
I'm no fan of the IRS either, and many of the US's government's actions and policies, but I have just enough sanity to realize that absolutely nothing justifies flying a plane into an office building.

I really wouldn't mind if Homeland Security put you on one of those no-fly lists, so we can ensure that we have at least one less twisted/wicked mind in this country.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:33 PM

515 posts, read 1,396,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
After reading the note (if this IS in fact from him), I've got no sympathy for him. Yeah, the tax system is broken, but this is nothing but the pathetic rantings of a lunatic trying to blame someone else for his failures.

The writer of this is a coward and what's worse, a selfish one. Attempting to take the lives of innocent workers and leaving a wife and daughter to clean up his mess is a cowardly way out.

Pathetic.
This is just what I told my husband. This guy was a cowardly idiot. He's dead and now his wife is left to clean up the mess. How selfish can one person be.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:57 PM

First body found in the office building, according to CNN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin