Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2010, 12:59 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,731,735 times

Advertisements

Well, unfortunately he's also left his wife and step-daughter homeless, fire insurance on the house(mortgage?) and his life insurance are probably voided, and it sounds like he's totally in debt to the IRS....Thanks hubby/stepfather for everything you did for us...

Old 02-18-2010, 01:00 PM

587 posts, read 1,466,368 times
I'm not clear. When he mentions 10 years of his life, does he mean he did 10 years in the pen?

Old 02-18-2010, 01:01 PM

163 posts, read 318,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoroughly modern millie View Post
I'm not clear. When he mentions 10 years of his life, does he mean he did 10 years in the pen?
i'm assuming he means a "wasted" 10 years. or a portion of life lived in vain, or futility.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:05 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,056,803 times
Quote:
Or maybe he lost 10 years worth of savings?

Old 02-18-2010, 01:05 PM

2,185 posts, read 6,432,372 times
Despite the fact that some of you agree with his rantings, this in no way justifies killing yourself or trying to harm others. To me, he wasted his life. Nothing in this world could ever make me do that to myself or others. Plain and simple, he needed therapy, was deluded and out of control.

Please do not post the manifesto anymore, this man deserves no fame for the sickness that he did.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutely View Post
agreed. the majorities arrogant reaction to his suicide letter nearly solidifies the truth in his writing. ignorance and misunderstanding rule all in american government, and i believe he was in part, detailing this in his letter.

however, i do not in any way condone killing innocent people for any particular cause or agenda. although, you can truly begin to lose your senses when you delve into the true nature and history of american capitalism, self-interest, and greed.
Ain't that the truth...what is really p*****g me off is that this dumbass reporter keeps refering to him as deranged, a crackpot and mentally ill. The man just had enough...just a shame he had to invlove innocent people.

However being the cockroaches the goverment are, they don't want the masses to read his words. Funny, they forgot to take this page down www.embeddedart.com/home.htm

Old 02-18-2010, 01:10 PM

372 posts, read 1,148,667 times
Quote:
However being the cockroaches the goverment are, they don't want the masses to read his words.
It's still up in the statesman blogs: Austin news, sports, weather, Longhorns, business | Statesman.com

And if you really want to find it, it was probably copied thousands of times and is available in mass on the interweb.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:12 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,778,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutely View Post
agreed. the majorities arrogant reaction to his suicide letter nearly solidifies the truth in his writing. ignorance and misunderstanding rule all in american government, and i believe he was in part, detailing this in his letter.

however, i do not in any way condone killing innocent people for any particular cause or agenda. although, you can truly begin to lose your senses when you delve into the true nature and history of american capitalism, self-interest, and greed.
I pretty much agree.

Just because 999 out of a 1000 people aren't nut jobs & don't burn down their houses or fly planes into buildings.....doesn't change the fact that ALOT of people would agree with ALOT of his thoughts. (they just don't owe the IRS 10s of thousands in back taxes).

Contrived war in Iraq, Bailouts for Banks & Wall Street, Govt getting bigger & bigger.....& stupider & stupider. Working people's tax dollars being spent on things that will NEVER benefit them or their families.

Weird that the GOV would consider his manifesto "too sensitive" for us peons to read. Or maybe it isn't weird.

I used to joke about the black helicopter crowd....maybe they're not completely bat sh*t crazy after all.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llkltk View Post
Despite the fact that some of you agree with his rantings, this in no way justifies killing yourself or trying to harm others. To me, he wasted his life. Nothing in this world could ever make me do that to myself or others. Plain and simple, he needed therapy, was deluded and out of control.

Please do not post the manifesto anymore, this man deserves no fame for the sickness that he did.
Nothing justifies taking the life of innocent people I agree...but when it comes to big brother I say why by whatever means necessary. It's a shame he was driven to commit such an act.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:16 PM

587 posts, read 1,419,740 times
Quote:
After reading his "manifesto" you can tell the guy was frustrated and he was spot on on a lot of point's, but to set his house on fire with wife and kid in there and fly into a building?
I agree. Obviously, there is no way that I could ever condone the killing of innocent people and his measures were extreme, but I also agree that he was certainly on the target in most of his letter.

It's really just a very sad situation. My heart and prayers go out to his family and all those involved in today's incident.

I just almost wish he didn't sound so intelligent and correct, because I could never justify what he did. But that doesn't mean he was wrong in his beliefs about our country and where it is now.

And I also agree with those who said we may have lost one our own active members; that was the first thing I thought when I read the part about leaving California and coming to Austin...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin