Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2010, 08:59 AM

3,757 posts, read 9,061,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey65 View Post
Well, you never know. They are slowly creeping this way. Last I heard, they had one in Arizona.

I know a lot of folks got excited when Carl's JR opened up in Cedar Park last year. I think a lot of those folks in those long lines were California natives.

In & Out would do REALLY well out here. Hopefully they make it out here!
I was in CA around Christmas and stopped in at an In-and-Out. I'd been there in my youth so it wasn't the first time. I've decided after a taste comparison, I like PTerry's burgers better. Now, I'll concede that nobody has a chocolate shake like In-and-Out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 09:16 AM

587 posts, read 1,420,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runemaster View Post
They have at least two in AZ last I checked.
I can think of at least 4 in the Phoenix area that were there when we left (Avondale, Scottsdale, North Phoenix and Mesa).

Last I checked, they were in CA (obviously), AZ and NV. It would be awesome to see them work their way even farther east, but I think it might be a really long time, if ever...

Edit: There are now 14 locations in the Phoenix area!!!

Old 02-26-2010, 09:43 AM

2,627 posts, read 6,574,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
Now, I'll concede that nobody has a chocolate shake like In-and-Out.
Have you tried a Chick-Fil-A chocolate shake? It's definitely the best fast food chocolate shake that I've ever had. In-and-Out shakes are alright, but they are much too thick and difficult to drink through a straw. I normally have to stir it and wait for it to melt a bit before I can even start to drink it.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
I was in CA around Christmas and stopped in at an In-and-Out. I'd been there in my youth so it wasn't the first time. I've decided after a taste comparison, I like PTerry's burgers better. Now, I'll concede that nobody has a chocolate shake like In-and-Out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark311 View Post
Have you tried a Chick-Fil-A chocolate shake? It's definitely the best fast food chocolate shake that I've ever had. In-and-Out shakes are alright, but they are much too thick and difficult to drink through a straw. I normally have to stir it and wait for it to melt a bit before I can even start to drink it.
Absolutely. I think Chick-Fil-A shakes are better than In-N-Out's, as well. If you haven't tried one, do it (especially the strawberry!)!

Now, In-N-Outs fries? I haven't found any place that even comes close for those. I don't know of any other place that can claim my fries were a potato like 15 minutes earlier.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:59 AM

2,627 posts, read 6,574,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by intmd8r View Post
Now, In-N-Outs fries? I haven't found any place that even comes close for those. I don't know of any other place that can claim my fries were a potato like 15 minutes earlier.
Actually, Mighty Fine Burgers here can. Follow the link below, click on "Kitchen in Action" and then choose the "Fresh Crinkle" video.

Mighty Fine Burgers

Old 02-26-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark311 View Post
Actually, Mighty Fine Burgers here can. Follow the link below, click on "Kitchen in Action" and then choose the "Fresh Crinkle" video.

Mighty Fine Burgers
Awesome!!! Thanks - we'll be trying that when we get to Austin, for sure!

Old 02-26-2010, 10:54 AM

42 posts, read 132,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tongpa-nyi View Post
While I agree that people in Austin are less whiny and entitlement-minded than in some other places, they're certainly not absent from this area. I encounter plenty of them, almost all from other regions (including my west coast friends who have moved here.)

So, eddy2010, I join you in reminding whiny people with a sense of entitlement that Austin is not for them, while warning you that you cannot escape them by moving to Austin. They're already here and their numbers will surely grow.
Of course not. All I can do is ensure that when we move in the few weeks, we're not contributing to it

Old 02-26-2010, 10:55 AM

3,202 posts, read 6,020,875 times
I "dined" at a Carls Jr. in Palm Springs a few years back, and it was atrocious. It was a cross Between a Jack-in-the-Cr*ck and an Arby's (Sorta like a Hardee's, with a half-scoop of nausea on the side.) They opened a Carl's at Slaughter/First, and I won't step foot near it.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:01 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,555,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
I "dined" at a Carls Jr. in Palm Springs a few years back, and it was atrocious. It was a cross Between a Jack-in-the-Cr*ck and an Arby's (Sorta like a Hardee's, with a half-scoop of nausea on the side.) They opened a Carl's at Slaughter/First, and I won't step foot near it.

Pretty sure if you dig deep enough, Carl's Jr. is a sibling(perhaps a twin) to Hardee's...depends on location.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:35 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,125,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
I'm sure a lot has to do with location. personally, I try not to eat out at fast food, in fact, I rarely eat out since I like cooking my own stuff. But anything on the interstate is highly suspect to being horrible. I've been to the one in Cedar Park and it was pretty decent for fast food. I don't want to know how bad they were for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin