Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 07:52 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,744,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongpa-nyi View Post
Better than Houston?

Naturally Miami takes the cake, probably better than even NY or LA. South Beach is like a North American version of Ibiza.
Better than Houston, Austin, San Antonio, New Orleans, Atlanta, Nashville, Memphis, Tampa or anywhere else in the southern states except Miami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 11:20 AM

1,445 posts, read 3,267,869 times
Artsyguy,

Thanks for all of those links!! But are they all really necessary? Like you have to spend 2 minutes of your time trying to convince someone of Dallas' absolute superiority in every way shape and form over Austin?? That is actually kinda funny. Well people do get a little bothered on this site when you don't back your sh-t up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
DFW is best for most any type of person. I've always thought Dallas had the edge over Austin. It has professional sports teams, corporations galore, universities galore, shopping centers galore, festivals galore, and some okay nature spots (white rock lake and Cedar Hill State Park). They have nightlife in greenville avenue, deep ellum, henderson road, cedar springs, and Mckinney street. Obzeet is a stand alone party place but is closer to the burbs. Go out to Dallas and party some time. Bring your friends.

Try Obzeet: Obzeet

or go party at Excuses: eXcuses eXtreme cafe (eXcuses eXtreme cafe) | MySpace

do you like wild male strip clubs? Try the tin room: The Tin Room - Dallas, TX

Lee Harvey's is a popular pub: Lee Harvey's - 214-428-1555

Do you like liberal dance-clubs? Try Oaklawn: Party at the Block

UT-Dallas has the largest campus of any public college. It also has plenty of events that are open to the public: Comet Calendar, The Official Event Calendar for UT Dallas

The arts community is huge. And a chunk of the fun is located on dragon street: moderndallas.art features Dallas area art galleries and featured artists

Kismet and others on Greenville: ::: Welcome to Kismet Lounge, Dallas Texas ::: Lower Greenville Dallas nightlife, Lower Greenville Dallas bars & night clubs, night life in Lower Greenville Dallas

W Hotel has a few trendy bars in it: W Dallas Victory Hotel (Dallas, TX) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

Old 04-05-2010, 12:03 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
You are right. I shouldn't take 2 minutes out of my time to help with this topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eepstein View Post
Artsyguy,

Thanks for all of those links!! But are they all really necessary? Like you have to spend 2 minutes of your time trying to convince someone of Dallas' absolute superiority in every way shape and form over Austin?? That is actually kinda funny. Well people do get a little bothered on this site when you don't back your sh-t up!!

Old 04-05-2010, 12:07 PM

3,202 posts, read 6,019,316 times
Quote:
Artsyguy,

Hahahaha! So move already!! c'mon 14 years living here now?

I would hate to see you in your favorite restaurant:

This sandwiche tastes like s***, but I can't stop eating it!! arrrghghhg*munch*munch**munch!!

Old 04-05-2010, 12:12 PM

I believe The Lizard Lounge is an old theater turned into a dance-club. It has a very South Congress vibe. And if it sucks then why is it still in existence?

I believe Dragon street renovated itself and became an art district in 2005.

Sue Ellens expanded 2 years back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
Lizard Lounge, that warehouse? hahaha I haven't been there since I was 19. When you have to have a stamp on your hand to drink, you know it sucks. Dragon street is a pre-fab strip mall on the other side of the tracks, and Sue Ellen's is fun. Believe it or not, I spent NYE 2004 there.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:49 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,878,202 times
Quote:
Artsyguy,

That's certainly the truth. You'd do well to emulate Artsy's recent posts and put some positive links about Dallas in your replies... you know, give them some credibility.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:53 PM

14 years??? OMG, I moved here in 2003. Someone needs to brush up on their math skills!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
Hahahaha! So move already!! c'mon 14 years living here now?

I would hate to see you in your favorite restaurant:

This sandwiche tastes like s***, but I can't stop eating it!! arrrghghhg*munch*munch**munch!!

Old 04-05-2010, 03:07 PM

Also remember that Dallas doesn't have the longhorns or the hillbilly country. (lets just for the moment forget about the cedar hills that traverse the southern metroplex south of I-20) As for the longhorns, the stupid Cowboys don't bleed orange. And how dare they build the largest indoor stadium in the country for nearly 1 billion dollars. It's just wrong man. Screw the billions planned in roadway construction, forget the vast areas of incredible wealth, and by golly forget about all them DAMN business travellers that come to Dallas. AND FOR WHAT??? It's a scam I tell you, A SCAM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You are right. I shouldn't take 2 minutes out of my time to help with this topic.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:07 PM

I think he needs a calculator for that. lol

Quote:
14 years??? OMG, I moved here in 2003. Someone needs to brush up on their math skills!!

Old 04-05-2010, 03:37 PM

3,202 posts, read 6,019,316 times
Quote:

Apologies - 7 years. I had you mixed up with mlassoff. 7 years is still a long time to spend somewhere you openly detest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin