Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:09 AM

132 posts, read 225,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarrrggg View Post
We're moving to Austin on Fri. Because we're bringing dogs and coming from the UK the flight is going to arrive pretty late; it'll probably be close to midnight when we finally escape the airport.

We should be able to get into the house we're renting, but its unfurnished, so we're not sure whether to stay there or a dog friendly hotel for that night.

The deciding factor will probably be if there is anywhere we can buy bedding in the wee hours of the morning? Are there any all night superstores in Austin?
You may want to call your complex and ask for some suggestions on where to get bedding. If you can arrange to have the company you're getting it from deliver the products, they can likely deliver the mattress into your unit with the supervision of the apartment management in advance of you getting there.

Since you're renting, may I ask where or in what vicinity? We are renting as well and moving in May, and I suppose it won't be long before we run into another poster who has chosen the same place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 09:33 AM

322 posts, read 847,052 times
I would suggest packing sleeping bags with your checked luggage. If it's just for the night it wouldn't be too big a deal. Although you might need to pick up dog food. Then you would probably just go to Walmart anyway.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:35 AM

38 posts, read 143,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnFOG View Post
...because Wal Mart is such a capitalist machine.
Thus my comment. If you want to see american capitalism at work, go to a Walmart. You're also more likely to see the average american there as well, as opposed to a central market. I'm not saying you should shop there, i agree a lot of their practices are terrible and that they do (by their nature) crowd out other (better) stores, but that's the nature of capitalism.

It is nice to have a 24/hr super store though, regardless of who owns it. I've made more then a few late night runs there after all of the other stores were closed and i was in the middle of a home renovation project i couldn't easily stop. I will also say that the Austin Walmarts are very nice when you compare them to the Walmarts i've seen in other cities.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:32 AM

132 posts, read 225,486 times
I guess that depends on your definition of "average American". As in this regard I would disagree. However, the 24-hour convenience is nice, yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin