Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 01:55 PM

181 posts, read 305,708 times

Advertisements

I get my stats from credible sources. Austin Post is not an accepted and credible source in the world of journalism. If those statistics are accurate as you say, why isn't the Chronicle or Statesman carrying a similar story about it? Bring me something from the Chronicle or the Statesman and then we can talk.

I have no problem with transplants (including you). However, you need to be empathetic about us natives and our culture. Austin has historically, geographically, and culturally been Southern. The Southern culture is not here anymore. I don't expect you to care though.

We Texans are always welcome to have new movers but we are not interested in Austin (or any of our other great cities) becoming LA, Boston, New York, or Chicago... even though it seems to be going that direction already. Then, once that happens, what happens next? You LEAVE as well as the other transplants and find the next, new hot city to ruin.

You are welcome here. Just be respectful of our culture. Learn the Texan way!

Old 06-05-2014, 05:23 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,444,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petro View Post
Top transplants to Austin, in decending order:

Williamson (TX)
Harris (TX) (Houston)
Hays (TX) (just south of us)
Dallas (TX)
Bexar (TX) (San Antonio)
Bastrop (TX)
Los Angeles (CA)
Tarrant (TX) (Fort Worth)
Fort Bend (TX) (Houston area)
Bell (TX) (Temple/Belton/Killeen)

And no, Kallen, I'm not implying anything... You're assertion is just flat out wrong.
Two problems with this information:
1) Two of those counties are in the Austin metro area, so you're counting moves within the metro as "transplants" which they aren't.
2) A significant portion of those are UT students

Old 06-05-2014, 05:25 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,444,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallenfranchise View Post
I get my stats from credible sources. Austin Post is not an accepted and credible source in the world of journalism. If those statistics are accurate as you say, why isn't the Chronicle or Statesman carrying a similar story about it? Bring me something from the Chronicle or the Statesman and then we can talk.

I have no problem with transplants (including you). However, you need to be empathetic about us natives and our culture. Austin has historically, geographically, and culturally been Southern. The Southern culture is not here anymore. I don't expect you to care though.

We Texans are always welcome to have new movers but we are not interested in Austin (or any of our other great cities) becoming LA, Boston, New York, or Chicago... even though it seems to be going that direction already. Then, once that happens, what happens next? You LEAVE as well as the other transplants and find the next, new hot city to ruin.

You are welcome here. Just be respectful of our culture. Learn the Texan way!
Why do you keep talking about Austin being Southern? Houston is Southern. Austin is Texan, Southwestern, or even Western.

Old 06-05-2014, 05:26 PM

269 posts, read 428,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
Why do you keep talking about Austin being Southern? Houston is Southern. Austin is Texan, Southwestern, or even Western.

Why do you continue to comment on Austin when you don't live here?

Old 06-05-2014, 05:48 PM

615 posts, read 781,055 times
Who needs "facts" when you have "gut feelings" and "opinions." Sure, continue to believe that Austin is being destroyed by outsiders, even if it's not at all true. Whatever makes you happy. Or unhappy, in this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin