Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 06:13 PM

2 posts, read 11,029 times

Advertisements

My family is moving to Austin in a few short months and we are looking for a new cheerleading gym for our daughter. I have done some research, but wondered if there were any gyms I am missing. So far, we have looked into Austin Cheer Factory and Cheer Station. I also just found Primetime, but have yet to talk with them. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 07:35 PM

743 posts, read 1,371,094 times
I know several families who have girls training at Cheer Station, and many of those girls are on the squad at their middle and high schools, so I assume they must be doing something well!

Old 04-12-2010, 07:59 PM

291 posts, read 800,372 times
My granddaughter attended All That Cheer in Round Rock for several years. She had an ankle injury and had to stop competitive cheer or she'd probably still be there. Tammy Munguia is the owner and the web links are below. It is a good gym and Tammy is a good person.

All THAT CHEER ALL THAT CHEER! (http://www.allthatcheer.com/index.html - broken link)

Facebook page ALL THAT CHEER | Facebook

I know that Cheer Station is a good place too.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:50 AM

183 posts, read 686,184 times
No way on earth would I send my child to All That Cheer. Tammy Mungia has treated us so poorly. She overcharged our CC by $100, blamed it on me, and won;t refund our money. I am extremely disappointed and would not recommend ATC to anyone.

Old 12-05-2010, 05:56 PM

1 posts, read 5,782 times
Springbean is not a truthful person- that is absolutely crazy- ATC is the least expensive gym in Austin and she doesnt even do it for the money- I am sure there is more to your story than you are admitting. My daughters have gone there for years and not only has she waived our fees some to help us out but always understanding when we are late on tuition. I think you must work for another gym and trying to steer people away from ATC - I doubt with every being that ever happened to you.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:25 PM

1 posts, read 5,428 times
It really depends on where you live in Austin. Austin is a corridor city with a lot of distance between North and South. On the South side of Austin there are really only two cheer teams that I know of Star Center and The Elite Cheer Company. Star center is really a gymnastic gym and has never really been able to get a good program going. The Elite Cheer Company has a nice facilities but the head coach/owner is a piece of work he has been known to yell, belittle and throw things when upset (for example one night he called a junior level team - age 12 and under "morons"). By his own admission he has "anger management issues" which I guess is his excuse for bad behavior. If you have an older child it is not so bad, as you can explain the difference between good and bad behavior and quite frankly use as an example on how not to handle your frustration. I would never, ever put a young child on his competitive teams. I just don't think that his style of instruction would be a positive influence. I am not saying not to go to The Elite only that I think you need to know the environment first.

I know absolutely nothing about the teams in North Austin, though I do know some kids/parents that have gone to Cheer Factory, and seem to have liked it (other than your typical complaints about cost, schedules, location etc.).

Last edited by smith89; 04-11-2011 at 02:28 PM.. Reason: typs

Old 03-18-2012, 05:33 PM

2 posts, read 9,436 times
i use to cheer at the elite cheer company in dripping springs. and it is absolutely fantastic. I left because im cheering at my school now, but i miss soooooo much. the coaches are amazing and everyone is nice and u should talk to them.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:37 PM

2 posts, read 9,436 times
but agree with smith89 the head coach was very angry all the time......... i was actually on that team when he called us morons. he has his moments, but he is usually supportive haf of the time, its just when it gets close to competitions and we arent doing well

Old 03-18-2012, 07:19 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,122,230 times
why am I picturing in my head the woman from Dance Moms? to each his/her own but I've never even heard of cheerleading gyms.

Old 04-17-2016, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,348 times
Check out http://www.texascheerinfo.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin