Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2010, 10:36 AM

14 posts, read 41,871 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about River Place. We are moving to Austin this summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 11:27 AM

372 posts, read 1,151,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane1112 View Post
Does anyone know anything about River Place. We are moving to Austin this summer.
What do you want to know? There are currently 37 homes for sale ranging in price from $319K up to $2.9 million. The neighborhood is very hilly and scenic and surrounds a very nice private golf course. The more expensive homes are on the Lake Austin waterfront. The neighborhood is in the Leander ISD.

You can find out some info from the River Place HOA: http://www.riverplacehoa.org/

Old 04-15-2010, 11:49 AM

14 posts, read 41,871 times
In a nutshell....my daughter liked the new high school Vandergrift. We visited over our spring break but didn't drive through River Place. At the time I had eliminated that area in my mind thinking there is no way I am letting a teen age driver loose on 2222. I've have had time to think it over and maybe should be more open to it. We did drive through Grandview, nice houses but TOO close together. We drove into Steiner (steakhouse entrance) It seemed to take awhile to finally get to any houses, very nice but think they were more than we are looking to pay. We are in the 350,000 to 400,000 range.
I had read that the HOA in RP is strick and was wondering if people are allowed to have gardens in their back yards. If you live there, what are your likes and dislikes.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:45 PM

8,011 posts, read 10,471,008 times
We live in Steiner, but checked out River Place as well. Decided against it because Steiner seemed to have a much more family feel. There are 3 community pools in Steiner and none in River Place (you have to join the country club). There are more hike and bike trails in Steiner (18 miles worth). More playgrounds, etc. You get the point. There are also a lot of businesses IN Steiner that we can walk to - restaurants, market, coffee house, ice cream parlor, etc. and they are all locally owned - most by residents of Steiner.

And the HOA in Steiner is pretty strict, but River Place is worse. For example, you aren't allowed to park in your own driveway overnight in River Place without a (temporary) permit.

If you use the main entrance to Steiner, you'll see that there are houses pretty close to 620. Don't get me wrong - there are plenty that are way back on Quinlin Park Road too, but also a lot that are close.

BTW - we absolutely LOVE it here. Never want to leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin