Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2010, 08:06 AM

439 posts, read 1,256,699 times

Advertisements

Has anyone here had any problems with buying at the lazy boy store here in Austin? I love our old recliner, but it has seen better days, so we need a new one. We read some compliants on their site, so was wondering what you all think.

Debbie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 08:59 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,063,260 times
We were in a similar situtation, our pair of old lazy boy's needed to be replaced. We bought two new ones here a the store up on Anderson Lane. The chairs are OK, but not designed as well as the previous pair we had, that design was no longer available. The spring mechanism that keeps the chair from rocking on mine broke shortly after we got it. The warranty covers parts only but you have to pay for the labor for someone to come out to your house and fix it. It is a minor inconvenience and I have gotten used to it so never bothered to have it fixed. The fabric is also not as comfortable against your skin as the older charis. In 2 years those are the only problem we have had.

They are OK, but I probably would look a little harder at other recliners had I realized that these chairs would not be as comfortable as our old ones.

The store did require a large non-refundable deposite, and then took longer to deliver the chairs then promised, but otherwise we did not have a big problem with them.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:27 AM

439 posts, read 1,256,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post

They are OK, but I probably would look a little harder at other recliners had I realized that these chairs would not be as comfortable as our old ones.

The store did require a large non-refundable deposite, and then took longer to deliver the chairs then promised, but otherwise we did not have a big problem with them.
Thank you Ron,

We have looked all over town and the problem we are having is other recliners only have postion up or down. They are very hard to close to, you have to kick it back to get them close. Lots of muscle is needed for that, even the ones with the handle. With the lazy boy you also get 3 postions, low, medium and high on the part where your legs lay. My husband usually likes it at medium while surfing the web on his laptop.

I worry about ordering one and having problems with delivery or if a mistake is made. We were told if we didn't like it we would get our money back. BUT, from what I read on-line many people said some really bad things about the one located at lake line mall. The Anderson one is no longer open. We bought our last one 14 years ago and didn't have a problem. This new one would be special order leather though because I didn't like the choice of leather colors that come with this chair.

Debbie

Old 04-17-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
We were told if we didn't like it we would get our money back.
I would insist on getting that in writing, I don't believe it. They emphasized to us that most of the chairs are custom made to fit your order, so they cannot be returned.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:25 PM

I just noticed that the fabric is already wearing out on our two lazboy recliners. It is loosing the nap on the cushions we sit on, where there are creases in the fabric. They are less than 3 years old, purchased 8-27-2007. We have no kids or pets climbing on them. Its just my wife and I sitting on them each evening while we watch a movie. The last set of lazboy recliners were at least 10 years old before the fabric showed signs of wear.

This and the problems we have had with the spring mechanism described above, they are obviously not making them as good as they used to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin