Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2007, 08:06 AM

1,035 posts, read 4,466,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
well, speaking of Weather....you Austinites have the most miserable summer, but I bet your not shoveling your drive in the freezing cold like I did this morning...I just finished shoveling and it started snowing again....AAUUG.
Nope, not shoveling Raking leaves and mowing the grass one last time before its completely dormant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 01:02 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,899,018 times
It's been sublime. Really, really great weather. I'm kind of worried about losing my edge and becoming an easy-going, relaxed softy.

Seriously, for about 7 weeks it's been like September/early October weather up north. The difference is that it lasts soooooooo much longer here. Back in Ohio if you got 2-3 weeks of really nice fall weather, that was considered a great autumn. Yea, there might be 4 seasons technically, but realistically it's more like 2 seasons with mini transition seasons(spring and fall).

I'll hate the miserable heat when it comes back, and probably revive this thread and complain, but right now I'm not even thinking about it...just hanging out on the porch and looking at the yellow leaves softly blowing in the gentle breeze

Old 12-09-2007, 06:59 PM

701 posts, read 2,482,574 times
Hehe. I'm cold already. It was chilly at the beginning of the week, warmed up at the end (80 last night at the Trail of Lights) and now I'm in a sweater again. Yeah...don't think I'd last long somewhere that it snows considering the temps are really mild.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:06 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,471,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texastea View Post
Nope, not shoveling Raking leaves and mowing the grass one last time before its completely dormant.

Ugh! That's what we did all day Saturday.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twange View Post
Seriously, for about 7 weeks it's been like September/early October weather up north. The difference is that it lasts soooooooo much longer here. Back in Ohio if you got 2-3 weeks of really nice fall weather, that was considered a great autumn. Yea, there might be 4 seasons technically, but realistically it's more like 2 seasons with mini transition seasons(spring and fall).
Twange, that's what I keep trying to tell people that say they couldn't live here b/c they want 4 seasons. We have 4 seasons--just different amounts of them. Winter/2 months, Spring/3 months, Summer/4 months, Fall/3 months. OK, maybe our REAL winter is 2 weeks, but the POTENTIAL for winter is there

Old 12-10-2007, 09:28 AM

2,357 posts, read 7,899,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texastea View Post
Twange, that's what I keep trying to tell people that say they couldn't live here b/c they want 4 seasons. We have 4 seasons--just different amounts of them. Winter/2 months, Spring/3 months, Summer/4 months, Fall/3 months. OK, maybe our REAL winter is 2 weeks, but the POTENTIAL for winter is there
One thing I will say is "Damn, the weather sure can change in a hurry here"!!

Temperature plummets by 40 degrees in a few hours! Yesterday, I rode my bike to a bar to watch a football game(wearing shorts and t-shirt), 3 hours later I go outside and Behold! 50 degrees

If you happened to see someone on a bike going 60 MPH up S 1st at 6:30pm...well, that was probably me

I think from now on, I will always carry a hoodie around(like Linus with his blanket).

Last edited by twange; 12-10-2007 at 09:46 AM..

Old 12-10-2007, 09:37 AM

Hahaha! So now you know. The sweaters around our waists aren't just fashion statements.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:41 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,637,527 times
The weather is supposed to spike up again tomorrow (mid 70s?) when a warm front pushes back through, but then a cool front is suppose to hit by wednesday and drop us back to highs in the 50s. Hope no one has sinus issues .

Old 12-11-2007, 05:12 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,146,867 times
I love Austin, but the dealbreaker for me when I moved back to Texas was the problem I have with allergies in the Austin area. Every time that I go there on business, I come back home stopped up, ill. My wife claims that I start sneezing at exactly the same point on Highway 183 as we drive into Austin. Usually, when I get back to Abilene, I am on steroids and antibiotics trying to get over my trip to Austin. My doctor has tried to give me medications to take before I go to Austin, but they don't keep the allergies from happening. Lots of folks have trouble there--I think is primarily due to the cedar.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:29 AM

1,618 posts, read 6,616,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
well.....there was my wife, but honestly when you come here to Colorado Mike, you are in for a nice suprise.
you need to keep your eyes in your head MR SBERDROW!!
and if Mike's like to wonder, he can keep wondering and see where it gets him!

Mike's wife
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin